• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Brake problem

AN/ARC186

Had the brake pedal get stuck about halfway down and now the brakes won't release. Brakes lights are on as well so it seems to be holding pressure. I cracked the lines from the master cylinder, no pressure there. Any ideas?

AN/ARC186

Took everything apart line wise this afternoon.Brake lights went out, soon as I put everything back together and built up air pressure, lights back on , brakes locked again:cry:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Airpak needs to be reuillt. It is bleeding (air) pressure and applying pressure to the master cylinder. OD Iron (and others) have the kits. Search the forum for some threads with helpful hints.

TROQUERO

Sirs

Would like to know if anyone has had a disk break kit from Boyce installed in the front and or rear OF A M35A2C and has had no problems. If you had what is it. Was it worth to do the exchange?

Please advice?

TROQUERO

welldigger

Wow you dug up an old thread. Go to the deuce hotrod and modification forum and check out Hanksdeuce bobber thread. He installed black rock fab's disk brake conversion. Now if you have an air force a2c then that truck should already have a split braking system. This setup is superior since it gives you some redundancy the normal single circuit brakes do not.

Might I ask why you want to convert? Bear in mind I'm a big fan of disk brakes.. I'm just too poor to retrofit 3 axles.

TROQUERO

I use it mainly for hunting, camping and parades. However we travel in the turnpike some times 300 to 400 miles to get to our site. It is double brakes in the back and only 12000 original miles. It's like new. Soon get installed spin on oil and primary and secondary filter kits. Have not made final decision on brakes for there is nothing wrong with the system it has exept in water and mud.

welldigger

Well I have the spin on filter kits both oil and fuel. You will like them. As far as the brakes go they really aren't much of a problem in mud or water unless your going in deep. In that case you should pull your drums and check for water intrusion anyways. Like I said earlier if and when I can afford disk brakes I will get them. I love the idea of disk brakes.

Loco_Hosa

Now that we have brought this thread back from complete Death, WellDigger, which kit did you use for the spin ons? That is something that is on my list to do. :)

welldigger

I got mine from jatonka. I know a few different kits were available at one time or another but I believe jatonka's are the only ones still available. At least that I could find. That being said I'm very happy with them. You can either find him on here or go to his website. John will take care of you.

TROQUERO

Jatonkas kits are the best and the owner is a gentleman. A pleasure to do bussiness with him. Supper service and greate man.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks