• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Cab Heater Core

Dipstick

Woodsplinter.........I caked out and bought a new one. Mucho, mucho, mucho dollars. My logic is....why spend money on a 20 to 30 year old used core that may go bad a month after installation? My goal is to make my truck like new by any means possible. Previous hot-rodding experience soured me on used parts. Well, except for 302 Ford blocks and 9" rears. Thank you for the link. I think I saw the same offer.

Am Generals with drop sides are sweet aren't they?! Mines an '84. Love it. Geez, I get 60 psi oil pressure on a cold start with the hand throttle at 800 rpm on a 40 degree day. Is that a bit high in your experience? I wonder if my LDT has straight 30w in it? 490 hours on the engine. Fires right up every time. Shell Rotella this Spring.

MO MV man

Me, too......where'd you get the new core?

I ended up getting a used one from Memphis Equipment for my 5 ton after hearing all sorts of "ludicrous $$$ for a new one" horror stories.
My old one was beyond repair-damage was well into the core, not just a tube or tank seam leak. :(

welldigger

Dipstick I usually get about 60 psi on a cold start. Then it will usually drop down to around 30-40 psi once the engine gets good and hot. I also have the full Jatonka spin on oil and fuel filter kit. Kinda expensive......however extremely worth it IMO.

Dipstick

Dipstick I usually get about 60 psi on a cold start. Then it will usually drop down to around 30-40 psi once the engine gets good and hot. I also have the full Jatonka spin on oil and fuel filter kit. Kinda expensive......however extremely worth it IMO.
Digger...nice to know. I was worried about it. I plan to do the spin on thing myself in the future. I think I have to replace my T-stat. Takes my Deuce forever to warm up. Got a new temp gauge (and sender in the near future) installed to better monitor it. Think I'm going to go with Shell Rotella. Worried about the straight 30w as opposed to multi_grade oil. In Jersey we go from 10-95 degrees F over the course of a year. Your thoughts on the subject would be welcome.

91W350

The heater box and cores on the 939 series trucks appear to be the same as are the fan motors. There are a lot of 900 series trucks gong down the parts tubes right now. The boxes mount different, but use the same style brackets, just in different holes. Glen

welldigger

Well stick as far as your deuce taking forever to warm up I don't believe its your thermostat. My deuce takes forever to warm up also. As does every other diesel I own. At least in comparison to a gas burner. Keep in mind the deuce has a massive iron engine block to heat up along with a huge radiator with I think about an 8 gallon capacity. That's a lot to warm up. Now as far as oil I run 15w-40 rotella in all of my diesels. Here winters get on average down to the twenties and summers can be well over 100. So far no problems. At least as far as the oil could be blamed. Though my choice in oil is shell rotella I know many that swear by delo. I think chevron makes that? As far as I can tell it seems to be personal preference as to what brand of oil to use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks