• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Camper Questions / General info

billharrison

Yeah I definitely would do back roads. I am A mechanic but changing the trans there is not likely doable due to time constraints and no good place to wOrk etc. and you may be right about waiting for the right one. I just want to have one by early spring (end of march) so I can work the bugs out.

I have the cash now and my life has a way of knowing I have extra cash and coming up with some way of forcing me to spend it in ways I don't want to lol. Once truck is bought life can sneak up on me lol.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An Example....

1. Welcome Aboard !

2. Check out the MV that I spotted and posted in this thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/62008-mv-spotted-thread-40.html#post1042944 see post #399 for some cool pics.
We haven't yet identified the owner, but it has some cool features.

As for the potential height/entry problem - note the slide out "porch" that that camper has. Pretty neat.

Good luck on your project - Be sure to keep us informed and remember ...
nopics

Danger Ranger

Hey bill, I'm from Akron area, (<--see my location at left). The first thing you need to do is read, read, read, and read some more. Uncle Mikey, Jesusgatos, zout, and many others have awesome camper deuces, and M109s. Then you need to look at the classifieds on here, and see gimp's ad. I don't even have a truck and I am roughly in the same boat as you. Use the search, get creative, and enjoy yourself. DON'T FORGET TO KEEP US UPDATED WITH PICTURES!!! That might be the most important thing of all...lol. 2cents:beer:fat lady sings

Last edited:

Awesome Possum

I have the cash now and my life has a way of knowing I have extra cash and coming up with some way of forcing me to spend it in ways I don't want to lol. Once truck is bought life can sneak up on me lol.
Hey, I thought I was the only one who had this happening to me all the time! (Never keep it around in cash, that helps too!) If you buy, bring a laptop if you have one, and download all the TM's on it, and also to be able to contact the smart ones here on Steel Soldiers. Maybe get a phone number or two to call if you get completely stuck on something.

The most important thing you need to be able to have is the ability to walk away from the deal if it turns out to be a POS. If you feel uneasy about it, just turn around. When I was in Cali for that deal, some little, tiny voice in my head screamed "NOOOOO!!!" If you hear that voice Listen to it! I'm glad I did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks