• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 circuit breaker

Hey, new guy here. I own 2 M35's, a '68 Kaiser, and a '77AMG.

My hired man went to start the Kaiser one day, turned the accesory switch on, hit the start button and it clicked and nothing happened. He roll started it for a couple of days and then one day it started with the button. But, now won't start again. Of course the gauges don't work in the cab. As best as I can tell I'm getting 24 volts out of the batteries and I checked and cleaned the cables. There are 4 wires connected to the acc switch and I'm getting electricity to 2 of them but with my limited understanding of a volt meter I think I'm only getting 12 volts from each wire. At least it doesn't read as high as when I tested the batteries. I tested the switch and it works.With the switch disconnected, I pulled the rubber protectors back to expose the wire connections to all 4 wires. When I touched the ( switch-on ) wires to the hot wires the voltmeter goes to 0.

I've read about the circuit breaker and where it's located but what does the silly thing look like? Does the wiring go to the cb first and then the switch or does it go to the switch and then the cb?

I sincerely appreciate any help!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I would suspect a bad connection or ground somewhere.....a deuce does not have a resettable circuit breaker.

Before you do anything take the terminals off the batteries and charge both of them to an equal voltage.

Your batteries may not be charging....check the alternator too.

Thank you sir. Are you a real 4 star general? That's cool.

Where does the switch get electricity? Does it connect in at the starter or the alternator or something? Do you know which manual on the " Resources" would give me a wiring schematic? I suspected a bad connection but don't know where to start checking. It's kind of hard to trace when you don't know what wire does what. I will take your advice and check the batteries again.

The truck is presentlty 100 miles away in Kim, Colorado at the ranch there. So it may be several days before I'm back up there. In the meantime I'm going to look at the '77 Duece and see if I can figure the wiring out.

The cb everyone has been talking about is the horn circuit breaker I figured out. Thanks again!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Are you a real 4 star general? That's cool.
I retired from the Army as a Master Sgt......the four star ranking is a Steelsoldiers rank bestowed due to the number of posts I have made on the site.

You should be able to find a schematic in the "resources" thread. Or maybe a kind soul will post a link to one.....I have a hard time myself with searches sometimes.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello fellow Okie.

Here are the diagrams. When you clink on them you should be prompted to save them.

The Master Switch is located about the center of the diagram.

It gets it power thru the #1 wire that is connected to the alternator. The alternator gets its power trhu the #2 wire that is connect to the starter. The starter is connected to the 2nd battery positive terminal and is feeding 24v to the system.

The military tried to label all of the wires and use the same numbers across all applications. This made it easier on the troops. And it nakes it easier to trace wires.

Have you downloaded all the tech manuals for your Deuce? What year is it because there are differnt series of manuals.

Warthog
OKC

Attachments

Hello fellow Okie

I've tried twice now to open those attachments of the wiring schematics and I don't know if it's my computer or what but I can't get them. But you have told me what I really wanted to know.

As far as the tech manuals go , I did find some in the resources , the trouble shooting, that have helped. I have 2 trucks. The one I'm working on is a '68 Kaiser. The other is a '77 AMG. Thanks for the info!