• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 - Coastal SC

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good Morning All,

Just picked up a Deuce this weekend. I've been doing a lot of reading and video watching lately and I'm excited to use some of the great knowledge here on the forum and hopefully add to it along the way. Looking forward to linking up with my fellow Lowcountry/Coastal owners!!
Welcome to the Outfit!

Glad to hear that you are the new proud owner of your very own Deuce... Be sure to download the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your truck. Is it a manual or an automatic? Have you started checking it out yet? Things like differential oil levels, inspecting the "dog bones" and little stuff that might cost you big bucks if you haven't checked them out?

What about some pictures? We have a bunch of Picture Hounds here (including me).

There is a MV organization in the upstate of South Carolina. They have a monthly meeting and they get themselves into parades (fun for you and your truck!). Mike is a good contact here for information. His handle here is @SCSG-G4

Again, welcome to the group!

Lowcountry_Deuce

Welcome to the Outfit!

Glad to hear that you are the new proud owner of your very own Deuce... Be sure to download the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your truck. Is it a manual or an automatic? Have you started checking it out yet? Things like differential oil levels, inspecting the "dog bones" and little stuff that might cost you big bucks if you haven't checked them out?

What about some pictures? We have a bunch of Picture Hounds here (including me).

There is a MV organization in the upstate of South Carolina. They have a monthly meeting and they get themselves into parades (fun for you and your truck!). Mike is a good contact here for information. His handle here is @SCSG-G4

Again, welcome to the group!

I have been under it and over it a few time. Going to get the manuals downloaded and printed out to have on hand. I don't have any major need for the truck immediately so I can slowly work on routine maintenance and upgrades.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where in the low country? Florence- MB area, Georgetown, The Holy City, Beaufort, O-burg, Hampton, St George, Walterboro? One of our Columbia group members has a farm in Holly Hill and a house in Mt. Pleasant.

Lowcountry_Deuce

Got under the truck on Saturday and I have to say, I'm very pleased with my purchase. Bolts/nuts etc. are in great shape and devoid of rust. I am not at all worried about servicing the truck. I'm going to work my way front to back with diff services and gasket replacement first and eventually start building up a stockpile of extra parts for the shelf. These trucks are very interesting to me and hopefully I can contribute something to the community at some point. I build race cars for a living and design custom parts regularly so I know I will get the itch before too long.

I'm a Marine Corps vet (05-10) and my father is an Army vet (68-70). He was an Honest John Rocket assembly tech during his time, so he drove Long Wheelbase 5 tons and he loves the Deuce. Hopefully we'll get to tinker on it together before he gets too old to get up in it.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got under the truck on Saturday and I have to say, I'm very pleased with my purchase. Bolts/nuts etc. are in great shape and devoid of rust. I am not at all worried about servicing the truck. I'm going to work my way front to back with diff services and gasket replacement first and eventually start building up a stockpile of extra parts for the shelf. These trucks are very interesting to me and hopefully I can contribute something to the community at some point. I build race cars for a living and design custom parts regularly so I know I will get the itch before too long.

I'm a Marine Corps vet (05-10) and my father is an Army vet (68-70). He was an Honest John Rocket assembly tech during his time, so he drove Long Wheelbase 5 tons and he loves the Deuce. Hopefully we'll get to tinker on it together before he gets too old to get up in it.
Good Looking Truck! Snag us a few more pictures when you get the chance :cool:

Best thing in the world is having somebody to turn wrenches with you... Even better if it is a dad or a son. Happy to hear that she looks good on the underside!

Lowcountry_Deuce

Little update: the clutch rod had seized on the clevis causing the shaft to snap on my way home from Tenn. I was blessed to be helped by some really good people in Savannah, TN and I was able to get back on the road. It has been running on that fix since then as I haven't really driven it much. Finally got under it today and replaced the linkage. It wasn't a terrible operation just hate that the truck is about 2" too short for me to sit under it. Check the pictures to see my band aide and the new rod!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks