• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Conversion

omega231

im thinking of converting a standard M35A2 into a dropside. i have no idea wht the hinges look like so i was wondering if someone could provide a few pics.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Save yourself some time and just swap beds. If you really want to do the work, They are the same hinges as the tailgate.

omega231

i dont really mind the extra work, not to mention i dont have an A2C bed available and i dont have any means of lifting the beds off at the moment. since the the hinges are the same as the tail gate all i really need to know now is: a) how the hinges are attached and b) wht type of setup is used to lock the sides to the part of the bed closest to the cab.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sides are held to the headboard and tailgate with "T" bolts that fit in a slot.

The bed is made stronger on the sides of the flat part of the bed on a dropside bed. You may weaken your bed too much if you cut the sides off without beefing up the bed. It's going to take quite a bit of fab work to convert your A2 bed.

tm america

it would be way less work to switch out the bed .theres alot of fab work to brace it and make the hinge set ups.not to mention it would cost about the same for all the metal as it would for another bed .you could rent and a-frame or a fork lift or backhoe to lift it and save yourself weeks of work

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drive to Papabears and make a deal for one. I'm sure he can find something to swap beds with. I assure you, something else requires your fabrication skills more.

omega231

well from the amount of work yall are talking about... i sounds like it would just be more practical for me to buy a deuce with one on it. the only reason i havent done that is made apparent by my signiture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks