• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Crew Cab

Reckless

After changing and adding, I finally am content with my truck. I have had a few people PMing me about interior shots and figured there was no better time to post it up. If you happened to see it at the rally, a lot has been done since then as well!

Here is a list of mods:

Drivetrain:
LDS Motor Swap
A3 Wheels and 395 Michelin XML
Bobbed with front springs

Interior:
Custom leather seats (Black w/ OD Green Inserts)
Custom built and wrapped center console
Carpeted with 40 oz padding underneath
Dynomatted cab and roof (greatly reduced vibrations and noise)
Custom Headliner
Built in 6x9 speakers in the roof
Radio installed in the center console
New dash plates (courtesy of data plates.net)

Exterior:
Fresh paint
HID Headlight conversion
6" Donaldson Intake
Locking door handles all the way around
Dual Fuel tanks (With transfer switch on the dash as well as a second fuel gauge)
Winch installed
Tinted windows

Im sure Im missing a lot of other stuff I have done to the truck but Ill eventually remember!

DSC_0463.jpgDSC_0470.jpgDSC_0472.jpgDSC_0474.jpgDSC_0506.jpgDSC_0486.jpgDSC_0476.jpgDSC_0497.jpgDSC_0485.jpgDSC_0480.jpg

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've seen Reckless' deuce in person and I can assure you, these pictures don't do it justice. It is a world class crewcab conversion and the interior is awesome.

Reckless

Wow, very nice! It makes the truck look very updated and comfortable. Looks like it would be good for road trips. I absolutely love the OD leather in the seats. Good job man.
Thanks, that is exactly what I was going for with the build. While it may not drive like your everyday truck, it's just as comfortable!

What did you do for dash lights? They're bright!
Honestly I believe it's just the pictures that make them extremely bright. I don't believe they are really that bright driving at night!

What are the donor seats from?
These are from a ford van.

SteelWarrior

Yeah Buddy. Nice work - looks great! So how much did this add to the wheelbase? Aside from the extra length, were there any tough problems? did you use a donor cab or custom build the extension?

Reckless

Yeah Buddy. Nice work - looks great! So how much did this add to the wheelbase? Aside from the extra length, were there any tough problems? did you use a donor cab or custom build the extension?
The axle is now in the location of the rear axle on a tandem set. No problems were really encountered, well the roof is always going to be a challenge to get perfect. A donor cab was used.

Nice work. Now what is next?
That my friend is a secret, and y'all shall see once it's done!! :)

Terexts

How long of a driveshaft does it have? I'm guessing it's a 2 piece. I'm working on bobbing my deuce and my rear axle is going between where the tandems where. Been trying to find a decent price for a custom driveshaft for mine, driveline shops quoting $800-$1000!

Reckless

It is a 2 piece and is 99 inches long. Call Atlanta Driveline, he did mine for less than half of what you've been quoted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks