• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Cylinder Liners - Type "Y"

martinv

I have found multiple sources for type "Z" cylinder liners, but my Continental LDT 456-1D has the "Y" stamps.
Though a Z fits, I don't know if it will work as it is slightly smaller OD.
Are the "Y" types extinct?

martinv

Where is it marked?
from the TM:
"
1. Look at left side of crankcase opposite each cylinder bore about one
inch below top of crankcase. The letter "Y" opposite a cylinder bore means
this is a Y-size cylinder bore. The letter "Z" opposite a cylinder bore means
this is a Z-size cylinder bore."

In the picture below, you can see head is off and one cylinder top is visible. The stamp is circled in yellow:
Y cyclinder stamp_circled.PNG

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah Ha! The marking is on the block itself, not the cylinder liner! A long time ago a number of people got lots (usually of 9 if I recall) of them at a GL auction of LDS piston sets (piston, sleeve and oiler), but I did not think any of them had a mark to indicate the size. People who have rebuilt that part of their engines will have to speak up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks