• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 dash lights

DEVILDOC

I am new just pick up m35a2, and I was wondering where to get the lights on the dash , like the red light covers for the air locker, high beam indicator ect. They have been painted over ....really!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There are different "light covers". Some are painted completely, some just have a "dot" visible, and some have no paint at all.

The 2 you mentioned should have the "dot". Have you tried running it across some sand paper?

wsucougarx

A guy had a ton of complete NOS light assy w/red dot covers for $5 on ebay a couple weeks ago. He even had the ones with the blue dot as well. I knew I should have put that on my watch list

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets take a closer look. You should have 3 of these covers on the dash lighting. The high beam indicator will have the exposed dot so that "indicates" that the brights are on. A similar one should also be on the front drive indicator below the dash. The remaining 2 should not be exposing any light into the cockpit of the truck. These are merely red (or blue) filter that filter the color of the light to the gauges. Most are not painted but have a brass cover then painted. If you insist on putting uncovered ones in the dash, get a flashlight so you can see the gauges at night. You will flood the cockpit with light reducing your ability to see the dimply lit (at best) gauges.