• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 data plate

jimm1009

Does anyone own a 68, 69, or 70 M35A2 made by Kaiser-Jeep that could e-mail me a pciture of the Data Plate that the serial number or VIN is stamped or engraved into?
I need to purchase a new data plate to replace my crappy generic plate installed
during rebuild and I want to get the right one for my truck to make it historically correct. With or without winch is not important.
These three years had a slightly different plate due to year and manufacturer as I understand.
Thanks,
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

Srjeeper

Check out mvdataplates.com

Just got the complete set for mine and they are excellent, plus great customer service.

jimm1009

Well I have to revise my original post. I have a 1968 truck rather than a 1970.
Does anyone have a 1968 M35A2 truck made by Kaiser-Jeep with the original data plate that they could photograph and e-mail to me.
This is the data plate with the contract number, serial number, and registration number on it.
Thanks,
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim, if I've understood you correctly, you want the correct, original Kaiser-Jeep VIN plate. You will be hard pressed to find that dataplate. I've searched for such plates and I think the best you'll do is a new VIN data plate with a space for you to stencil the manufacturer's name.