M35a2 deuce headlights

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

V8srfun

I have a headlamp out and need to replace it or upgrade to something better. I am trying to learn about the led lights. I think I read somewhere that the trucklite led lamps are not all that long lasting but I can’t seem to find any threads on them. I am basically seeking advice on what lamps/ bulbs seem to have the best longevity/ performance relative to price.

what lights do you have and would you buy them again or go a different route.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems the jw speaker lights, heated, are the gold standard.

I, too had bad experiences with Trucklite and it may be that the design or quality itself is sub par or that unscrupulous vendors sell batches of lights made for but rejected by the military.

I decided to keep more of my money and bought a set of 7" LED for $70 each from an auction site, used a civy headlight plug and pigtail with added military connectors to make the connection between the truck and the LED lights without making any changes to the truck and have not looked back.

Best price/performance relation, in my book.

I buy JW Speakers when I win the lottery.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

V8srfun

Thanks I would love to have the JW lights they are impressive. When I worked for E-ONE some of the fire departments spec’d them for their trucks and we always admired them. But that price tag!!! I actually made a purchase today on amazon for a set of 7 inch led lights for jeeps but they were rated for 10 to 32 volts so I should not have a problem there. I will update when installed they cost I think 80 dollars and are dot approved

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
they cost I think 80 dollars and are dot approved
On CRM's recommendation I recently bought the same and have been impressed with them. They are in a heavy, cast metal housing. Way better than similar looking all-plastic ones IMHO because of heat dissipation if nothing else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks