• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 diesel swap

Dan6wd

i have searched for engine swap forums on here and have come up with little to nothing. i know the m32a3 comes with a caterpillar 3116 engine, but does anyone know of another type of diesel that would bolt up to the duece's 5 speed transmission? i was looking at the cat 3406e engine, however i dont think the duece's 5 speed would last under 600 hp pushing trhough it. so i supose i have 2 questions. 1. as i forementioned earlier, is there any other diesel other than the white/contenental/hercules that will bolt up to the factory transmission and 2. is there any other diesel and transmission combos that could easily be adapted to the duece? has anyone made a successful alternative diesel swap other than a 3116 cat?

Westech

CPL
the Deuce trans is only rated to 350 foot pounds or so. If your going to hop up the engine it would be best to install a new trans also. You can just about install anything you want if you are willing to put some work in to it. I have seen big and small block GM's, Mopars, 8.1 vortech engines, and many more.

CGarbee

I recently looked at a duece that had a Cummins 6BTA installed... Sweet running truck, much more grunt on the low end, faster on the top (is sporting super singles) that is using the stock transmision. From what I understand from its current owner, a Guard unit did the swap in house...

I agree that if you are going to put a lot of engine in that you should go with a more robust transmision. There are a couple of threads on here concerning the instalation of different transmisions that might be of help...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks