• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Dump on Craigslist

rwoods

Just spotted a nice looking (except for the headlights) M35A2 dump truck on Craigslist.
Here's the link. Military M35A2 6x6 Dump Truck

Is the rated payload actually 5 tons highway and 2.5 tons cc as the ad states? I would have thought given the weight of the bed that it would be less.

Ron

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two observations, If it's a stock dump it's not a M35A2 and how on earth do you know the clutch is at 50%? There may be a way to know that I don't know about (other than taking the clutch out) but to me the clutch is either new or it's worn out. I don't know how you can tell it's half worn out.

Other than that, nice truck.

emr

the bed means nothing, it is still rated the same. do some googling and learn the G742 series of trucks, this like anytime is a good time. there were several versions of dumpers in this series. see if U can identify this one... good luck...

gunboy1656

The headlights in the low position usually means it is an older truck. Early years they came mix and match, but later they went to the high position for all the trucks.

rwoods

Okay, so I googled the weights. M47 w/w 13,860# wo/w 13,450# M35A2 w/w 13,530# wo/w #13030. So apparently the dump bed, hydraulics and reinforcements don't weigh near as much as I thought they would. Learn something new everyday. Ron

emr

Thats what this site is all about... being as early as it looks it could be an XM 342 but it sure is an M342... the marker lights sure are the old style also, like said, that is way normal for those headlights to be low. as early as that truck is...

crazyplowboy

If one of you gets it and doesn't like the low headlights I will gladly do a trade of my high position light sets for the low ones. Those sure would be perfect for someone's 1953 Air Force resto project. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks