• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 DUMPBED PICS!

100dollarman

Here are some pics of a Deuce converted to a dump that one of my customers had done. The conversion cost him about $4800 complete.

I looked it over today and it looks REALLY good!!! He works the heck out of it. Hauls asphalt, wood and rock all the time. He has been using the front winch to pull 100' trees up out of the canyon. He is in the tree business and he is totally impressed by his new dumpbed with winch!

The rear of the frame was chopped and lowered for the hinge, bed lift stops, and it also lowers the hitch as an added bonus. Pretty trick.

$4800 is alot of dough, but I may have one of these done and keep it in stock for sale. It came out very nice.

The Deuce has been eating tires. He put locking hubs on the front, and that helped alot. Can he put a set of hubs on the rear, too? Would that help in turning and eating tires?

Enjoy the pics---

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4800!? I've got about 800 in mine, and some on here have one for less. 500 at the junkyard for the hoist/pump/hinge off a grain truck, 220 for the correct PTO, 80 in hoses and fluid. Sure it took a week of work to install it, but looks like I made 4000 that week! :D

You can put a double splined axle, and one lock-out hub on the rear to unlock the rear axles from each other.

Dennis

100dollarman

Stretch44875 said:
4800!? I've got about 800 in mine, and some on here have one for less. 500 at the junkyard for the hoist/pump/hinge off a grain truck, 220 for the correct PTO, 80 in hoses and fluid. Sure it took a week of work to install it, but looks like I made 4000 that week! :D

You can put a double splined axle, and one lock-out hub on the rear to unlock the rear axles from each other.

Dennis
Yeah, that sounds like alotta $$$ to me, too. But it is new, and all he had to do was pick it up 3 days later. I like your way better.!

Good idea on the axle- I will tell him that- thx.

tm america

ya thats alot for a single cylinder hoistsince you can buy the kit for $1500 so is the place that did the install hiring since i know theyre making lots of money.plus whats up with the bumperettes doesnt look like they will let the tail gate open all the way

blackdiesel

will be doing the same soon. i have the sissor lift from one of our old farm trucks, a pto out from another deuce, pump, tank, and lines from said truck. only money ill have in it will be in fluid. Looking forward to it :-D

jatonka

I have done these dump conversions on M35s too. I have been searching for the best prices on new hoists and hinges, and PTOs and pumps and tanks and contrls. All the cheap numbers being kicked around here sound delicious, but when it comes down to it, The cheapest new hoist I found was 1900, accessory drive for a used PTO was $295, lucky I had the PTO at least. The hinge was $85, there was a charge of $250 to change from electric hoist to PTO powered hoist. And I know what it takes in hours, welding rod, hole drilling and grinding to make this job happen, and please a payng customer. There is a difference between doing it for yourself and doing it as a business for a paying customer who wants what he wants. Big Difference.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks