• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Engine Question

abh3

Do some searching, there are many threads about the Multifuel perceptions, reality, etc. I don't like them, seems like every truck and engine I bought had a bad bottom end there for a while with mains not torqued right (finger-tight!!), oil pump idler gear broken off, just weird stuff but my dump truck Multi just goes on and on and on... They are what they are, mid-20th century technology aimed at a very particular use. Start with a decent one, don't abuse it too much and they will provide good service.

rlwm211

The engine referenced is the forerunner to the more prolific 465 a.k.a. the 427. Now there are many who dislike that engine and some who swear they are as good as the newer ones. I suppose it depends on your personal experience as opposed to any general opinion. While the "multifuel" capability is in question, the vast majority of those on the site burn diesel so it is less of an issue than it would seem.

Clinto posted a few links that will get you 'educated' on the topic....

RL

Last edited: