• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 fluid capacity and head gaskets..... need info please!

Low-Tech-Redneck

Okay, here's what I need to know, what are the fill capacities for the driveline components in an M35A2?

Specificaly, I need to know how much fluid goes into the tranny, T-case and differentials, and what kind of off-the-shelf lube you could get at a place like Napa for example would be compatible with whatever the army used

Is there a TM that lists this info? Because I'll be darned if I can find it anywhere....

Also, anyone know where you can get head gaskets for an LDT - 465? Didn't see them listed over at Saturn Suplus.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated, Walter can't get his new toy fixed up without the information :D

-LTR

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The axles hold 5qt's, the t-case holds 4 1/2 qt's, and the tranny hold 4 1/2 without a pto. If you have a pto, 5qts. They ain't cheep, but memphis equipment has your gaskets.

Low-Tech-Redneck

I figured they weren't cheap, but I was surprised to see our usualy parts guys don't have em' (or aren't advertizing they do) Thanks for the fast replys guys.

red devils dude

Low-Tech-Redneck said:
Also, anyone know where you can get head gaskets for an LDT - 465? Didn't see them listed over at Saturn Suplus.
-LTR
memphis equipment had the best head gaskets get the kit it has
all the manifold gaskets and what not.