• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 from Long Island to Wingdale NY

BobH

I'm looking at my first deuce but need it moved from near the end of Long Island to Wingdale NY, 126 miles. The truck has a bad transmission and poor brakes, 3 pumps and you get some. Second and third gear are shot but first and reverse work. The truck runs good. Quotes from the towing companies and equipment movers I've contacted are more than the truck is worth. Anybody help out a newbe with a fair price? Bob

fasttruck

"Fair price ?" If you cannot get someone whom is already on Long Island to do this the tolls for a 5 axle trailer truck in and out from New Jersey or up-
state NY is about $150.00 plus ton mile tax etc. If you choose to live or conduct business in Kings, Queens, Nassau or Sufolk counties ya gotta pay and the city sedemsd to be intent on raising their tolls every quarter. So if you think its is expensive now: wait!

BobH

I drive a truck back and forth to the Brooklyn Navy Yard every day over the bridges so I know all about the tolls!:shock: The quotes I've got are north of $1500. For 126 miles seems a bit stiff, tolls or not. I guess another truck will come along.:sad:

Sephirothq

Bob, Why don't you buy a truck that you can drive. Unless you were getting the other truck for less then scrap price.
By the time you figure your effort and cost of parts to get it running. Bad transmission and no brake for the start, not know what ever might pop up either. Did the truck have a title? turbo, air shift? etc.

FP1201

There's the possibility of using a tow-bar and a Dump Truck or some other truck with a Pintle hitch.....worst part (I suspect) would be paying the Tolls to get on/off the Island.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks