• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 from WI to PA

grobinson2

Well guys I have done the road trip thing before but this might be a bit much even for me. I am trying to decide how to get an M35 from WI to PA. I figure I have the following options. I can fly out and drive it back. I can drive out with a friend and both drive back. Or I can have it shipped in. Does anyone on the forum hawl from WI to PA or anywhere near PA? Has anyone done this before such a long distance and what is the cost ect? The M35 has everything I want on it and I really don't want to let it go next week. Also does anyone live near the Sparta, WI site that would be willing to take a look at a couple of trucks for me?

Thanks again,
Glenn

PS-If I do end up driving that back weather flying or driving out I am more then willing to pick up things along the way to and from if anyone needs parts from one member to another. As long as it is on my way I don't have any problems with making a few stops. :)

Rickyoday

Hi Glenn, I bought a CUCV M1009 at aution in (East)Texas in 2000. The guy I talked to on site said it was driven in, and ran fine. Shipping via car carrier was going to be $1,100. Mapquest showed it as a 23 hour trip back here to PA(20 mins East of you). I figured flying down, fuel, & food, I could do it for $700 to $800. in 2 days. Well, that's the route I went with. To make a really long story short, I arrived in PA 4 days later, after breaking down 3 times, and had spent $1100.00. Of course that price also included the 5 new tires, 2 new batteries, new altenator, new volt/gen gauge, and other misc. parts. My road trip toolbox never made it to Texas with me, and actually got home before I did, so I had to buy tools along the way as well.
Considering the cost of shipping a truck that big, I'd think you could bring it back cheaper. I'd drive out with a friend so you would have all the tools and spares with you, plus have a second vehicle for parts running and back-up if an "event" should occur.
Just my two cents.
Good luck,
Rick

grobinson2

Hummm

I am just thinking that with the price of fuel (going out and coming back) it might be cheaper to have it shipped. Ugggg... Wish Chamberburg, Ft. Mead, or a local base had some nice M35's. Thank you for the info though. I am thinking that if I do drive it back the best bet is to drive out and back instead of flying.

Thanks,
Glenn

dm22630

I just bought 2 M35A2s and the "suggested shipper" from GL told me it would be $1200-$1300 EACH to ship them 131 miles to my house!

I put an ad on Uship.com looking for someone to move them for me and got 2 bids in 2 days. I ended up accepting a bid to move both on one trailer for $875.00.

You should at least put an ad on there and see what comes up.

Here is the ad I put up ----> http://www.uship.com/shipment/Two-2-M35A2s/496395933/

Melvinitis

If you would like I have a trucker near Madison that heads that way often enough, he might have room. Trick might be getting it to Madison. Let me know if you are interested, I can get you his number. He might be willing to get it in Sparta for you.

skinnedknuckles

I will be going to Sparta as soon as my EUC clears for my M105 trailer, but that will probably be the week after next. I usually spend 4-5 hours just looking at trucks and other items that I really don't need but.... My friends and I have removed 4 M-35a2 's and 1 M105 trailer out of there. Mike there is a great guy he lets you spend time looking at the trucks and he's not looking over your shoulder all the time.
Skinnedknuckles in Janesville,Wis.
1971 M35a2 w/w
1971 M35a2 wo/w
soon to be M105 trailer
1945 CJ-2
1955 CJ-5

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three weeks ago (when fuel was so much cheaper) the shipper on the GL site wanted about $1,400 shipping plus $450 to load it and send her 350 miles. I also got a quote from a local guy my Brother uses and he wanted $3.75 a loaded mile, about $1,300.

I packed up and we drove down and got it ourselves and the fuel down in my Hemi and the diesel back only come to $400 total. Add breakfast and taking a day off I'd say it was worth it.

steve

beaubeau

Grobinson, why did U buy in Wis. when there are several GL locations around Pa.? I live in N.H. and the best buys I have had closest to home has been in Pa. When bidding on a item, the cost of transportation must be included in the bidding process. I have see guys from Fl. buy from Co. Why not buy from Georgia, or ab\ny other surrounding states? I do know there wer many good Trks in Wis. Good Luck with UR purchases, Phil

Mackfire68

I was wondering the same thing, Mechanicsburg has a lot of trucks for sale. Just be patient. The guy at GL in Mechanicsburg told me today that FIG will be bringing in about 200 M35s this summer.

grobinson2

WI

Hey guys,
Thanks for the input and suggestions. I am looking at the trucks in WI just because two of them looked like they were in great condition and had the heater, hard top, winch and dropside, all of which I was looking for. However you are correct that is one hell of a trip from WI to PA. I live about 3 miles from the Mech. Navy Depot and about 30 miles from Letterkenny. Mike at the Navy Depot is a great guy if he says that many trucks are going to be coming through then I just might wait. While I really want that truck from WI I am thinking is might just be too expensive to bring it all the way over here. Especially when fuel is so damn much. Thanks a lot guys!

Glenn :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks