• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 front pinion bearing broke down

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made it home!! Old girls parked now. Thank everyone for all of your help!!!! I’m not sure if I’d of ever thought of pulling those drive flanges!
Glad you made it home. Now you have time to download the Technical Manuals and Lubrication Order so you can repair it and keep it running for many more years.

I'm sure it will be interesting to see what failed first in the front axle, but my guess is that it will be easier and cheaper to just drop in a center section from another axle. Keep in mind that the center sections from front and rear axles interchange, so if you can find a rear axle cheap from where someone bobbed a truck to make a 4x4, you're golden.

One parting thought... we like pictures! Your truck, your road trip, axle carnage, etc.

Justincase

Glad you made it home. Now you have time to download the Technical Manuals and Lubrication Order so you can repair it and keep it running for many more years.

I'm sure it will be interesting to see what failed first in the front axle, but my guess is that it will be easier and cheaper to just drop in a center section from another axle. Keep in mind that the center sections from front and rear axles interchange, so if you can find a rear axle cheap from where someone bobbed a truck to make a 4x4, you're golden.

One parting thought... we like pictures! Your truck, your road trip, axle carnage, etc.
I’ll be pulling the front axle ASAP! I found a rear for $400 plus shipping. I’ll need to buy wheel bearings and boots + clamps to get this axle back right.

one odd question while I was putting on the drive flanges (that way while it sits everything doesn’t get even more dust and rain in it) the driver side axle shaft has slop in it, it has side to side movement. Any ideas?

I took plenty to of pictures this trip! I’ll upload them to this post!

Justincase

I missed taking an Alabama picture and Louisiana’s sign was on the Mississippi bridge! I did get a cool video of driving across it tho.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks