• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 front wheel cylinder

connectingbar

Just picked up my first Deuce and I need to replace a front wheel cylinder before I put it on the road, What tm do I need to do this job right? and is it a tough job? I am used to large equipment repair and I have all the large tools needed to take large nuts and bolts apart. Any advice would be of great help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
T M 9 - 2 3 2 0 - 2 0 9 - 2 0 - 3 - 2

Test your brake fluid to be sure you replace it with the correct type.

Last edited:

jatonka

wheel cylinder replacement

TM9-2320-209-20-1 either on Steel Soldiers manual list or CD or a hard copy, will walk you thru the whole thing with photos and easy to follow directions. New wheel cylinders are readily available from a alot of sources. JT out

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NAPA does not have a complete wheel cylinder available. They have a rebuild kit and I posted it on your thread about plugging brake lines. Posting on other threads is counterproductive to your thread(problem).

AKJEEP

actually NAPA does have the wheel cylinders, but they are about 3-4 times the price of one from someplace like Saturn Surplus, where they were about $35-40 last I checked

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
actually NAPA does have the wheel cylinders, but they are about 3-4 times the price of one from someplace like Saturn Surplus, where they were about $35-40 last I checked

AK, please post a valid NAPA number if you have one. It may help someone that needs one that day and cannot wait 2 days to order one. My NAPA', book shows that the deuce wheel cylinders are no longer availible.

littlebob

I've been using the air compreser wrench I bought from someone on this site a while back.
While you have it a part check for the old style brake retainers, I'm still in the middle of going through the brakes on mine and the leaking cylinder had a loose rear shoe because
of them.
Good Luck
littlebob

Tlauden

Sorry for bringing up such an old thread but is a spindle socket needed?( I don't even know what that is:oops:) Or can I use a regular socket? I have access to a 1inch socket set. I just wanna make sure I got all the right tools before I have the deuce taking up a bay at the firehouse and the incorrect tools to finish the job.... Some posts say no special tools needed then this post says this...

Also some one mentioned a 3 inch 8 point socket? What is that??

Sorry for my not knowing but I'm still new at the big truck thing:oops:

Thanks
Tyler

Thanks, now I need the spindle nut socket, What size is it? It looks like a 2 9/16 my spindle sockets are much larger than what is used on this truck

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a new 3" 8-pt socket at a used tool place for something like $15. Decent-sized wheel/truck/trailer supply houses also carry 'em for substantially more. Keys in this regard are: 8 points because of the spindle nut; socket so that you can use a torque wrench [and it's easier than using pliers].

Job is easy, and I'm not much of a mechanic. First thing out of the box for me was rebuilding all the cylinders, changing the boots, and repacking/replacing all of the bearings and seals.

goldwing2000

Banned
AK, please post a valid NAPA number if you have one. It may help someone that needs one that day and cannot wait 2 days to order one. My NAPA', book shows that the deuce wheel cylinders are no longer availible.
I realize that the question was asked three years ago but if anybody still wants the info, the Raybestos/Wagner part number for the complete wheel cylinder is WC4419.
The rebuild kit is WK45.

Those may or may not cross over to a NAPA part but both are readily available from any number of online sources (RockAuto, Amazon, etc).

Edit: NAPA number is UP 4419 and sells for around $28.50.

goldwing2000

Banned
Because the links are almost three years old and they have probably updated their web site. Just poke around on the site and you'll find what you're looking for. If you're in a hurry, don't order from OD Iron, though. I placed my order over two weeks ago and haven't had so much as an e-mail in reply.

M-35A3

I ordered some wiper motor kits from od iron a few weeks ago so their still in business or was (their websites tabs don't want to work for some reason now ) . The biggest problem is they do not update their shipping status or at least with my order they didn't