• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 fuel cap

Beyond Biodiesel

A few days ago I filled the fuel tank on my M756A2 with my DIY diesel. Today I took it to the gas station to put in a few gallons of gasoline into the fuel tank to keep the vegetable oil liquid with snow coming. When I returned I noticed fuel dripping from the top of my fuel tank. After looking around the tank, it looks like the fuel was leaking from around the cap. So, I drove it to both of the auto parts stores in this small town, and they laughed when I asked for a replacement fuel cap for my M756A2. I searched the archives here, but I did not find a source for the fuel cap. So, does anyone know where I can get one or order one, preferably a locking fuel cap?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might have to email or call places like Eastern or Memphis. Just google the part number and that might get a hit. Some parts just aren't listed on their sites because there's so many different parts. And you may be able to just get a new gasket for it.

quickfarms

The standard military fuel cap is available in two varieties fording and standard. The fording cap has a valve under the cap that you close for fording and it is stamped on the top. The gasket is available from several of the parts houses, I got mind from surplus city.

I have never seen a true locking cap but I have seen several methods to padlock the cap.

The problem with a locking cap is the fuel thieves will just pull the plug or worse.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Should be the standard fuel cap that is used on the deuce, 39/809 series, m37, m38,ect,, just find some one parting out a truck and get the cap from them

Flyingvan911

You might try a new fuel cap seal first. I had trouble with diesel sloshing out on steep backroads. I put the new seal on and no more spilling.

Adrian A

I just bought a new cap and seal. Put it on and the seal swelled up from the fuel. Why would they manufacture a fuel cap seal that is not fuel resistant?

Beyond Biodiesel

Thanks, all for posting your comments. At first I thought I could just replace the seal, but when I examined the seal on the cap it looked like it was riveted between the metal cap parts. I could be wrong. Anyway the cap was rusted anyway, and I was a bit impatient to get the cap replaced in time for a planned trip, so I ordered one on eBay. I hope that was from 197thhhc , because I would like to get a fording fuel cap, and help support Steel Soldiers forum members.

FloridaAKM

I changed out my strainer & fuel cap with a used replacement that is the fording type. I'm not sure of which direction the lever goes in standard non fording position, up on the bumps or down in between! On the 200 mile recovery trip yesterday, I just left it loose so as not to create a vacuum while driving!

punisher733

I just bought a Valeo part number 247706 off of e-bay..this cap has metal parts, vented and works on on my 1970 AM General M35A2 with a 3 lug filler neck...Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone looking....

Thanks, Carl Dunlap

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks