• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 fuel filter help

Rezdeuce

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to take off the m35a2 fuel filters I reaed the TM's and looked around. I took the top bolts off but how do you get the canesters off? There is no nut to anything thanks

DieselBob

Yep. The only thing holding them are the top bolts. If they have been on for even a few weeks the gasket will tend to stick the can to the mount.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you are very careful not to bugger up the gasket you can replace the filters and reinstall the can....then tighten down the bolt and check for leaks. Getting a new gasket in while hanging upside down can be a real beotch.

If you have to replace the gasket the best thing to do is to remove the filter housing and do it on the bench. Make sure you put the fuel lines back in the correct order.