• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 fuel mileage

JCKnife

I have never checked and don't plan to. WMO makes it run a lot cheaper than straight diesel, but like a sports car I didn't get it for fuel efficiency.

I probably go through 2-3 full tanks per year.

Goose2448

I believe that the two stroke oil helps with IP lubrication to offset the (poor) lubricity of ULSD.

That would be correct. A friend of mine runs it in his 04 6.0 pansystroke when towing the 6K scout trailer. He gets around 20 MPG running that combo, vs 16 without. He has many other mods too it too. Im trying to get my uncle to run it in his 2011 Dmax, though I dont know if it would really help in that, he gets around 18-20 unloaded anyway. With only 92,000+ miles in a year and a half....

91W350

I have never checked and don't plan to. WMO makes it run a lot cheaper than straight diesel, but like a sports car I didn't get it for fuel efficiency.

I probably go through 2-3 full tanks per year.
I need to slow down on my running around, that is less than I burn per month...

Terexts

I drive my deuce to work about every week. I drive 50 miles one way to work and its mostly hills and some of it is flat. For those who live in Ga, I drive through Lawrenceville and Snellville, rolling hills for sure. I have the fuel turned up and on a hard pull up hill the egt's will hit 1050 pre turbo temp. My truck is a stock deuce with soft top, no winch, and dual tire setup.

Running 50/50 WMO and Diesel and 11.00x20 NDCC tires

2000 rpm/ 45mph/ 12 mpg
2500 rpm/ 55mph/ 9 mpg

JOEDEUCE

I have been in the 10 to 11 mpg range so far.... Ive been running Lucas brand injector cleaner with upper cylinder , along withe the powerservice diesel kleen in the silver bottle..... So far so good..

beachbummer

reason

The reason I ask the MPG question is I will drive my duce a lot. More than likely EVERY DAY and will make several 300 mile 1 way trips with it to go camping. I have a supply of WMO and Tranny fluid. not mixed the tranny fluid would be nothing but tranny fluid. I was just asking to figure out how much oil and tranny fluid to take on. i do not want to get over loaded with either. and if anyone has a good mix of gasoline to WMO/ tranny fluid i would like to hear it also

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks