• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Fuel Tank

HDN

If you have an original steel tank that's all gunked up and corroded, it might cost less to have it professionally cleaned out and re-coated from the inside than it would to get a NOS tank or a takeout. My dad had that done for fuel tanks for a WW2 jeep, a M37, and a halftrack for probably under $250 each. There's an outfit in Rochester, NY that does it, so there might be someone relatively local to you that might be able to do it for you if you so choose. But that's assuming you have a fuel tank to begin with :)

I think quite a few people here have gone with in-line electric fuel pumps that aren't submerged in the tank, but somewhere between the tank and the engine compartment, maybe even in the engine compartment. I guess it depends on whether you're doing a restoration or you just want something to drive. If it were me, I'd get an external fuel pump until I could find a good submerged one so I can at least enjoy the truck while I'm waiting!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can get a fuel tank and/or fuel pump for my M35A2?
I have a buddy in socorro NM that may have one. I have a trip planned there , and then subsequent trips between Ft Riley KS and Midland TX so handoff may be possible. I'll text him now and update you.

@RGS20inophir

RMS

I have a buddy in socorro NM that may have one. I have a trip planned there , and then subsequent trips between Ft Riley KS and Midland TX so handoff may be possible. I'll text him now and update you.

@RGS20inophir
Please let me know if he has one. I can get it from you in Midland, if you're headed that way.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please let me know if he has one. I can get it from you in Midland, if you're headed that way.
He has the tank.

He thinks he has the pump at his other place.

The tank was damaged and repaired. Detailed pics of the repairs below.

$400 picked up in Midland or somewhere en route, timeline mid to late October.

I'll PM you...

WolfgangKromhonger

I know this thread is a little old, but I damaged my tank in Uhwarrie National Forest on NC on the Dicky Bell Trail. I need a replacement and it seems hard to find. I have been seeing people talk about the alum ones, are those the same that came on the A3's?

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can get a fuel tank and/or fuel pump for my M35A2?
an older post but have some info on pumps: If the vendors in the classifieds are NLA on the pumps, I have installed 24v aircraft pumps that fit the cage found in the multifuel trucks .. The ones I bought are made by same mfg.. Requires a little modification (drill out rivets in order to rotate pump slightly to align to the cage properly and re-rivet) .. You can sometimes find them sold "used-tested" online about half the cost of the truck pumps.. Not always available though, be in the right place at the right time... In the past I have also had very good service with 24v Carter inline's with a 3/8 inlet/oulet.. If you're not going to work the truck hard, I suppose the most common Carter inlines with 5/16 I/O will keep up with it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks