• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 gwinnett county georgia pit stop

TMNT

I'm still coming. I plan on leaving the house about 10:00. That should put me there about noon, maybe a little before.

I washed and serviced the truck today. So we're ready to roll.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys, I am sorry, I can not make it. Clintogf is having some car problems and asked for my help and I've got to help her out.

I'll miss you guys.

Boy, she better get me that DUKW.

dangeroustyz

TMNT thats what im talking about BALLS OF STEEL. If you can make it from Canton Anybody can make it. THANKS ALOT MAN! Clinto sorry about gf car. If you need help repairing it let me know. I stayed at a holiday inn express last night. See you next time bro

TMNT

Dang Clint, I was counting on seeing you there. Hope the car problems are not too serious. Duty first.

I've tracked down a minor fuel leak on Betty and its the 3/8" return line where it connects to the fuel filter, right behind the oil cooler. You know the fitting that you can't get to without dismounting the fuel filter boss from the block? Yeah, that one.

I spent most if the day taking wheels off and pressure washing and I still can't get rid of that D'town mud! I thought I had it clean and as soon as it dried, Michael says,"Dad, there's still mud in that wheel." Ahhhhrrrrgggg!

TMNT

I want to thank Dangeroustyz for getting us together today. I know how challenging it can be to make it to gatherings due to family commitments, fuel cost, work, and a plethora of other commitments. We had a chance to meet, talk trucks, and share experiences.

The trip home in the rain wasn't too bad. I'm glad my windshield wipers and defroster are still working well.

Too bad about that rear tire. I think it was plewhiskey? Man, that thing was really coming apart.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360527384.816978.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360527409.744402.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360527484.400234.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360527498.662993.jpg

Last edited:

olewhiskey

Dangeruostoyz and TMNT followed as far as the tire would take it. After a mad scramble for tools and tire I think Lesley Marie was back on the road in less than hour and a half. Dangeruostoyz donated his truck and tools to the recovery effort along with a big bit of muscle and time. Long distance awards go to TMNT, We will have to get him a trophy next time in the form of a ruptured fuel bill.

Last edited:

dangeroustyz

If you didnt drive like you was running shine maybe it would of held together.Wonder if fixaflat would work? Thanks TMNT;PLEWHISKEY: AND PIGFOOT for showing up. GOOD TIMES FOR ALL. Next time we plan ahead and get more troops...Once again guys THANKS

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I really wish I could have made it.

dangeroustyz

Clinto You gota make next one. I heard alot of good things about you.. PLEWHISKEY AND I are planning a "SPRING FLING"? as we talk...TMNT is a real trooper for coming all the way from Canton and helping with whiskeys tire...

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Next time bud. Did you get the car problems fixed?
Yupp. Bought a car. I love how buying a car is an all day affair. :roll:

Clinto You gota make next one. I heard alot of good things about you.. PLEWHISKEY AND I are planning a "SPRING FLING"? as we talk...TMNT is a real trooper for coming all the way from Canton and helping with whiskeys tire...

I will try and make the next one. It's very close for me, my only issue is that I literally have zero spare time now.

But if there's any way possible to do it, I will.

C