• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Hand Throttle Cable Routing (in cowl)

saddamsnightmare

December 28th, 2007.

Esteemed Deuce owners:

I am planning to refit the hand throttle to my 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W, it had it from the ghost in the dashboard (OD semi Gloss exposed in an area otherwise forest green CARC) of the bezel, but there is, to me, no obvious route through the cowling to the injector control linkage springs. There is an ear at the engine end of the
foot throttle likage obviously intended for the hand throttle connection, but no screamingly obvious route through the firewall except maybe the steering column port.
As a footnote, this particular truck suffered a cowl leak from the hood hold down retainer clip, but that was easily solved with a neoprene washer and a new screw.
Mostly, these trucks seem to get cannibalized when they end up in the motor pool deadline, as mine particular unit lost the driver's windshield sash, 2 roof bows in the cargo bed, the passenger seat and cushions, pioneer and all other tools, and the rims seem to be off of at least four other deuces due to paint differences.
But according to Mr. Doyle and the gentlemen with access to MEDLOG, the truck last served with the 300th QMC, 88th RRC in Peru, Illinois, but the tan paint argues Desert Storm usage as she went through a depot overhaul within the two years prior to DS.
I do have the TM's on CD, I'm just not sure which one would have the section on installing and routing the hand throttle cable.
Most Texas NG trucks I've noted around here don't share the tan paint scheme, (and WVNG trucks were usually four color woodland with primer extra included!) but some variation of the NATO or Woodland MERC schemes, and I'd guess Peru, Illinois isn't in a desert area, so the weathering on the Tan 686 paint argues about a 15 to 18 year old paint based on fading. And yes, I will send along a set of photos as soon as the better half figures out how to download her digital camera, so it'll be captioned "Saddam's Nightmare" for you connoisseurs of the M35A2. Again, thanks for the many kindnesses and accept my best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Year's 2008,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Mercedes Benz S404.114 Unimog (Swiss)
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks