• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 hard start when cold surging hunting and smoking

Kellyrobins1977

Ok so I ended up adding a lift pump above the fuel tank. Since I only had about 3psi of fuel pressure after the first filter. That seemed to help. I also changed the injector nozzles and the truck ran great. Then just the other day. I was pulling a drag to clear some property and the deuce started cutting out. It didint stall though. It waited to stall when I was on the road and driving it hard. I like to get on it from time to time. So I was sitting on the side of road truck would crank but no start. Lucky for me I don't live far from where I was and my neighbor towed me with his tractor. Anyway the next day she started right up. I didint leave the yard but I did drive around a bit to see if it would stall. Everything seemed good. Well except for the smoke wasn't going away as it usually does when cold. So I ended up pulling the booster pump and HH. First problem I encountered was the valve on side of booster pump didnt have the large O-ring seal. It was sealed with Teflon tape. I'm going to order the kit and replace all the seals so that problem should be taken care of right this time. The next issue was the button on the HH had fallen off and was laying in the IP. Clip was on top of it. But didint appear damaged. The only other issue that I noticed (I'm not sure if it's an issue) was the side cover for the fuel cutoff was full of oil and diesel fuel. 'm going to post some picks of what I observed. Let me know what you guys think about the HH. DO I need a new clip or can they be reused? Also is anything missing other then what's in the pictures? Thanks for all the help on this. I really appreciate it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks