• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 hydropac question

Darwin T

i am having issues and i did search but did not get a yes on no answer. :drool: i am about to order a new hydropac/airpac and i want to get the right one. i want to use an air side brake light switch instead of a fluid side switch, after mine started leaking and smoking. all that being said, here is my question. is either hydropac ending in 255 or 003 already set up for air side switch or will i need to redo my new pac?

i think the 255 one is right but when i think i am usually wrong.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not ask the seller of the item?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure I understand the issue. I do understand the question. All the pack needs is a pipe plug instead of the hydraulic switch. If the plug is not already there (caution: do not mix up a spray painted plastic plug with an actual pipe plug!) you can add one in under three minutes before you put the air pack onto the truck. You need to bleed the pack anyway, so no issue "opening the hydraulic side" by removing a cap and adding a plug before the pack goes on. The air side brake switch sits in the line that provides air to the trailer glad hand when the brake pedal is depressed, not on the air pack itself. You will have to modify the electrical connectors that are on your truck.

Last edited:

Darwin T

i have several i am watching and i am guessing most sellers just know what the lable says. if these is one type that is aready set up i thought this is the place to find out. that way i could buy the right one from the start.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you doubt they know there product, why would you think they know the correct NSN?

Is your shift key broke too?

DeucesWild11

Darwin T, here is a schematic if that helps you out visually. The Brake light switch is part *a all you should need is the plug #7 and the T section #17 if you want to upgrade a standard Airpack. I just did it for mine but I didn't need the T section as I don't have an airline running to the back for trailer brakes.
Good luck!

Attachments

Darwin T

"i am guessing most sellers just know what the lable says" thats where the NSN is located or it is stamped on the part. and NO my shift key work fine. i don't know anyone personally that has converted from the fluid side to the air side switch. thanks to cattlerepairman i now know neither hydropac is set up for an air side switch because the air side switch does not go on the hydropac.

cattlerepairman the issue is i could not find the answer after several hours of searching.

Last edited:

Darwin T

Deuceswild11 thanks :beer: that explains what the parts shown in an upgrade kit are for. so either hydro pac has the same connections so there is not a wrong one, because if there was that would be the one i bought.

DeucesWild11

No Problem, glad I could help..Someone shared that diagram with me when I was upgrading the switch after I broke it the original one, it was a big help.. Always enjoyed your threads on LED lighting upgrades! :beer:

Darwin T

thanks. this is the same truck i am working on now. the plan is new hydropac, master cylinders, wheel cylinders, brake hoses, bearings, gaskets and seals on all 3 axles. i also am adding front wheel locks.

Darwin T

I am going to rebuild it and either put it on one of my M35a2s or keep it as a spare. One of my a2s is starting to have brake issues. As I work on my M109a3 I am putting new parts on it and either rebuilding or just moving the ones I take off to my other trucks. The work I am gatering parts for how all steems from dry rotting brake lines. Instead of just replacing the lines while I have it appart I am going to do a brake/axle rebuild. I want to be able to just get in any one of my trucks and go with out worry of old parts giving out on the road since I have almost no mechanical skills.

I keep spares for most major parts (air compreesor, fuel tank, intank fuel pump, injectors, water pump, full set of spare tires, hoses, belts, battery terminals, altenator, old style head light incase my LEDs fry, 3 switch light switch incase my LED switch fries, side windows for my M109a3 box, door windows for both sides, windshields, and on, and on, and on) i used my spare radiator. i don't have a starter or hydropac yet.

Darwin T

Thanks I will when I rebuild the one I take off. I have a great mechanic but now that my daughter has moved off for college I am going to start learning to work on my FMVs myself. I can do anything I set my mind to I just need someone to show me first of someone to make sure I don't screw it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks