• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 in residential neighborhood - Huntsville, AL

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
see if you can park a rv in the driveway and if you can convert your M109 to and rv and register it as a rv, thats what i am going to do. if not buy you an M1008, M1009, M1010 or M1028 and park it in your driveway, thats what i am doing now.
Sold the deuce and bought an M1009, M1028A2, M1009, M101A1 & M101A2 BECAUSE I felt the fight with the City of Denver over size just wasn't worth it.

Strangely enough, RV's are not an issue and you see them in lots of places around here. Not all neighborhoods allow them though. So it's as much HOA as it could be city or county in this area (North Texas).

One of the reasons we bought in this neighborhood (and this house) is because my neighbor has an M37 & an M43 parked in his back yard...

scoutmanadam

my city has a weight limit, not an axle limit, 14000 i believe, and i try to be curtous to the neighbors about not firing it up early in the morning and if i really have to tear into it, i take it somewhere else so theres not parts laying everywhere. im guess im lucky in that all my neighbors think its cool.

Heath_h49008

After reading these horror stories, I can honestly say how glad I am to live free of HOAs and such nonsense. I would be going downtown and importing bums, hookers, and crack dealers to the subdivision just to spite the nazis if I ever had to deal with that kind of abuse.

You are better men than I.

Welder Sam

Mmmmmm this is what turns me off to my wifes lovely idea of moving back to Az. I hate people that want to tell me what i can and cannot do in my own home or yard. Here, im in the middle of blah and close to... well... nothing.. but nobody gets in my business. I have 2 neighbors, 1 to the west(couldnt careless if they keeled over right this sec) and one to the east(more like family than anythin:nothingfunny:

BlondeGuy

Well I anyone needs a place to park in L.A. ( Lower Alabama) I've got a fenced in warehouse that I would be happy to store your toy. Just make sure you keep the keys in it.

Goose2448

There are a few cases form this same town, if I do recall. From what you posted, sounds like your in violation no matter how you cut the butter. Sorry to say, you have to know the law so you dont break it. Normally when you buy a truck, you dont think about stupid stuff like this. So know you local law, so you dont break it. My suggestion is to comply for now, and search out all of the violations with in the city.

My uncle did this when the city fined him for building a barn before building a house, a permit witch they approved. So he drove around the neighborhood for a few days, and call and reported every single violation. He should know what they are, he at that time owned his own construction company, and was working for the city rebuilding after Hurricane Charley. With in a few days, and a few hundred violations later, they city called him and told him that if he would stop reporting violations, they would forget about his violation. There is only one guy that checks up on them, and they have to check every single complaint.

Welder Sam

Welder Sam, Dont take it for granted your a lucky man.

Believe me, i dont. We all know who does and does not have business out here and we keep an eye on each other. We "do what is needed" to protect our place. Yes this involves firearms and at times, live fire. The county sheriff and deputies know this and back us. They even go so far as to make sure we know the law so we dont end up losing what we work to keep. My lawyer is....bothered...by the live fire part...

omega231

I remember Dave had a similar problem with this about a year or two ago. i think he ended up selling most of his big stuff and moving what he had left to one of those self storge places.

As far as driving them in Huntsville goes, they really dont care. As long as you have the proper paperwork (Registration and Insurance) they dont have a problem. Although I dont thing the police pay much attention to MVs anyway.

I hate to say it but the simplest solution is also the least practical: move to the county. I had three dueces parked in front of the house for awhile when i first got them and never heard a word of complaint.

Oh yeah, I suggest you visit the gentlemen over at the museam off of Airport Rd. over by Kidspace.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks