• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 in southern Aridzona.

armadillofz1

Sold both my M35a2 and my 818 and moved to Aridzona. Now I have the itch again. What are the ins and outs of registering out here. Back in maryland I tagged it historic and paid $50 a year for tags. Insurance I suspect is another matter here as well. Any insight is appreciated.

Secondary is is locating a half decent M35a2. I havent seen one at all. Anywhere. Back in maryland you couldn't throw a rock without breaking 2 or 3 deuce windshields.

AZDeuce

Welcome to AZ. Jacks Surplus is in Tucson, has all the trucks you need, or get on Craigslist Phoenix, and type in Military, all kinds of trucks for sale in this state. Trucks are more money out West as there are very fewer places surplusing them compared to the literally dozens of places back East. Get a truck 25 years or older, it will qualify for Historic Plates, this will get you low registration fees, and you won't need to smog inspect it. I have JC Taylor insurance, but I am extremely limited to what I can do with my truck and it must be kept indoors. There are other options. Come up to out MV show at Metro Center Mall, Jan 25-26, and you can find out everything you need. Good luck.

WRMorrison

There's lots of 5-tons and probably a few deuces if you search the Phoenix area craigslist ads. I normally search "military truck", "army truck" & "6x6" and get multiple hits. Insurance runs me $172/year from Gulfway Insurers and collector plates were $70.25 for 2 years.

-WRM

Beyond Biodiesel

I had no problem registering my M756A2 as a historic vehicle here in Arizona, so welcome. I use Jacks and Alpha Tread in Tucson for the things that I need for my deuce.