• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 instrument panel question

commandojd

I am looking to get a new complete instrument panel with gauges for my m35, My question is, would a m35a3 complete instrument panel work ina m35a2? Do they have the same hook ups?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A3 tach is electronic I think, not cable driven line an A2. Otherwise I think it's the same.

moriboy

There are a lot of A2 parts available, ebay has several complete clusters available. I would recommend getting the right type that way you know it fits as intended.

Darwin T

if you have the Dash Panel like the first picture then yes the A3 panel will work. if yours looks like the second one i think it is narrower and the A3 will not work (i think). the second one is the old style from the reo days.

Attachments

Last edited:

Darwin T

here is a picture of the two instrument cluster panels side by side. the top one is a A3 panel and the bottom one is an older style. just make sure before you buy the wrong one.

Attachments

bspellerin

What's my dash?

Hello, this is my first post and after seeing this thread I was wondering if anyone had any information about my dash, I don't believe I've seen another like it, but then I'm very new to this type of vehicle.

The truck was just delivered to me this week. It's a 1970 M35A2.

Thanks.

Brian

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello, this is my first post and after seeing this thread I was wondering if anyone had any information about my dash, I don't believe I've seen another like it, but then I'm very new to this type of vehicle.

The truck was just delivered to me this week. It's a 1970 M35A2.

Thanks.

Brian
You have an early truck that was probably originally a gasser. When the military rebuilt it into a multifuel, the tach was added under the dash.

Gasser dash frames have a smaller opening for the instrument cluster as they didn't have a tach originally. There are several different varieties of clusters, I don't know why some trucks got the under dash tach and some got the special smaller cluster with the tach wedged into it. If I had to guess, I'd say trucks with the add-on tach like yours were simply upgraded engine swaps and they didn't bother changing clusters and trucks with the tach in the cluster but using the smaller dash frame were more complete upgrade jobs.

Regardless, it's pretty neat. I've only seen a few like this.

bspellerin

Thanks for the quick reply, so you believe that it's much older than a 1970?, even before the A1. Was the M35A2 Standard the only version with the gas engine? Thanks again, I'm just trying to take in as much info as I can.

bspellerin

Another question, are there any places on the frame where there might be any date stamps? Thanks.
Actually don't bother, I looked at a picture of the Weight and Dimension Data plate and the year of manufacture was 1966, I was told when I purchased it that it was 1970, no big deal as '66 was the year I was born.

All I have are the pics that my wife took for as I'm away from home for another 2 weeks.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks