• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 insurance... need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

parlusk

well i called geico today about insurance and i can get a policy with all the state minimum liability for $500 a year, that seems kinda high. i know there are two other threads about insurance, but they have not been updated in several years. i was wondering who should i contact about insurance? any suggestions? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!:driver:

wikallen

Progressive commercial policy. They knew what an AM General M35a2 and M109a3 were. 323 a year.

parlusk

i called geico back my first quote was 500 a year my second quote was 170 a year (i went ahead and added it) the chain that goes around the steering wheel is a installed security device correct?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Might want to talk to geico a little more to make sure they understand what you're insuring. I talked with them and once they figured out what it was, no deal. If you're trying to fly under the radar as a "jeep" and you get into an accident, you'll find out why you need to be up front with them. I have geico for my auto insurance as well. I wish they'd have written a policy for my deuce. I'm paying $260 every 6 months for liability in 100/300/100 amounts through state farm as a commercial policy. I was scared away from hagarty and gulfway insurance seeing how flimsy of a policy it really is. (You better only be driving the deuce to and from a parade!)

parlusk

Might want to talk to geico a little more to make sure they understand what you're insuring. I talked with them and once they figured out what it was, no deal. If you're trying to fly under the radar as a "jeep" and you get into an accident, you'll find out why you need to be up front with them. I have geico for my auto insurance as well. I wish they'd have written a policy for my deuce. I'm paying $260 every 6 months for liability in 100/300/100 amounts through state farm as a commercial policy. I was scared away from hagarty and gulfway insurance seeing how flimsy of a policy it really is. (You better only be driving the deuce to and from a parade!)

i gave them the vin.. and told them it was a 71 am general m35a2c. i have a friend that owns an insurance company and he said if the put coverage on it then their liable.... so let hope that i can fly under the radar.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not recommend having a Deuce insured for the minimum State-required amount. A Deuce is a VERY heavy truck and can do a lot of damage or easily total a very expensive car and injure people or worse. I insure mine for $100K/$300K bodily injury and $50K for property damage with State Farm and the cost is reasonable in my opinion. I do not carry collision insurance, only liability and comprehensive coverage. One accident can ruin your life without adequate insurance.

SilentSpeedy

I was shopping around for my M818 and most insurance companies did not know how to insure that, but I ended up with state farm. I have full coverage for $500 a year. I found that pretty reasonable: on the other hand I was just glad I found a company to finally insure me [thumbzup] The agent came out last week to take a picture of the truck, when he saw it he said 'holy $hit, what you gonna do with that monster' ;-) but few days later I got the permanent insurance papers, so they where okay with it.

In my finally closed insurance adventure I found that the majority of State Farm agents will give everything short of their first-born to get you a good rate, heck, my girlfriends SF agent undercut my buddys SF agent by a few bucks so he won the battle for my business :-D

Wish you the best in the insurance hunt, it can be discouraging at times, hang in there and :grd:

davidkroberts

I really like State Farm. My rate was so cheap because I run antique tags and collector insurance. I have the stated value as about 2000 dollars because honestly its about all i have in it.

sammi91

My car and home insurance company would not touch my duece. I called an independent agent and told him what I had. He called me back in about an hour with a 129.00 quote for the year. I went with it . 100/300 limits. It was HAGERTY insurance. They insure antique vehicles and also military vehicles. You might check them out.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My car and home insurance company would not touch my duece. I called an independent agent and told him what I had. He called me back in about an hour with a 129.00 quote for the year. I went with it . 100/300 limits. It was HAGERTY insurance. They insure antique vehicles and also military vehicles. You might check them out.
Be certain that you NEVER haul anything other than yourself in it. You also better have a club function or a parade that you're going to or from. Also DON'T drive it to work. There's a reason hagerty and gulfway are so cheap. They simply don't cover any real world useage. I also heard that carrying firearms in your vehicle nulifies coverage with Hagerty.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
i gave them the vin.. and told them it was a 71 am general m35a2c. i have a friend that owns an insurance company and he said if the put coverage on it then their liable.... so let hope that i can fly under the radar.
They're only liable if you presented them with the full facts of the vehicle. If you were to pose that the truck was just a "jeep" and get involved in an accident, you're going to be in a world of hurt when their platoon of laywers get done...

Status
Not open for further replies.