• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Insurance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeisshensoldt

I'm finding it very hard to get my new m35a2 insured. My current company "cross insurance" has been trying to find an underwriter for 3 weeks now. They tell me that I am unable to get my vehicle insured as an antique because I'm under 25 years old ( I'm 20). Basically It seems like I spent $4000 on a giant paper weight. What can I do to get this thing insured?

Motorcar

Please see the "search" function of this site, there are tons of threads on how to insure these vehicles and even one thread that has current prices we are paying. :deadhorse:

I get mine thru Gulfway, which is underwritten by Travelers.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read his post a bit slower. He said he is 20 years old. That's his issue.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do(unless you can afford to take on Corporate America, and sue all insurance companies for age discrimination).

Be sure to establish a good credit rating as well. We all know there is a direct connection between financially responsible people and driving safety.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Will your parents insure it and set you up as the primary (or even secondary) driver?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably don't live with your parents, but you may be able to get it covered through your parents insurance company with you listed as an authorized driver. I know someone else that had a similar problem, although it didn't involve an MV, it was a muscle car. The guy convinced his Dad to change insurance companies to State Farm, who covered him driving the car for a reasonable amount. State Farm is one of the companies that will cover Deuces without problems.

Sorry Clinto, you beat me to the send key!

seabeeut

It's still in New York. I'm trying to find an insurance company that will insure me as a 20 year old so I can drive it home.
I just got insurance with gulfway they are great.
I do not know if they have an age requirement but worth a call.
Phone (727)863-5451 or (800)940-5010

jeeplvr247

I called them, they have a 21 age limit. This is ridiculously irritating.
Well at least that is only one more year. I got a quote from Gulfway last year when I was 21 for $180 a year at michigan state minimums. So at least when you turn 21 it should be pretty cheap. In the mean time you should utilize the stealth of the camouflage, if the police can't see you they cannot give you a ticket.

coke29

Check with Hartford, not sure on military trucks and liability but they insured my 84 GMC show truck with an agreed value of $20,000 with zero deductible at age 18 for $1,200 a year. No one else would insure in due to my age at the time for anything but liability.

dont tell them its military just tell them its a jeep and give them the model number and serial number. call a company like geico thats open at midnight so your not getting their A team who would know the difference:D

Blueduce

If you or one of your parents are active or prior military USAA Insurance has some good underwriters. If not try Travelers Ins. They are the ones who insure the big rigs.

Broke Down

States Farm wouldn't touch mine and I have used them for at least 15 years! Make sure you tell the insurance company this is a recreational vehicle that is 13000lbs and will be used to go camping and such, don't give them a reason to question you. I had an issue finding some as well, they asked why I need that and I told them "what guy doesn't need or want a big truck...lol". Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.