• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Insurance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron379

How'd you manage that? Progressive straight up told me that they didn't insure these trucks.
I went to my insurance agent, he banged on the key board all my info and printed me a temporary card that day.... I have hear other people say that progressive wouldn't do it but I've had no problems at all

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a tip that is worth just as much as the other insurance tips posted.

Don't lie or try to stretch the truth when telling them what kind of truck it is or the weight.

Tell them it weighs less or the GVW is less or tell them it's just a Jeep or that it's a camper. Guess what happens if you are in accident and they find out you stretched the truth? You will find out they won't cover you and they are well within their rights to let you hang out to dry.

BTW, there are usually specific guidelines that a truck must meet before you can declare it is a camper or RV and a Deuce (M35A2 or 3) doesn't even come close. Check your DMV for details.

But hey, do what you want.

Katahdin

Z - I called my Scarborough State Farm insurance agent this morning, my truck was underwritten as a commercial policy but I register it as an antique. She (the agent) does not think there's an age limit associated with State Farm Commercial Policies and suggested an agent in Orono to call, I'll PM that to you. Good luck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any memeber can make any thread, a personal sticky.

zeisshensoldt

Z - I called my Scarborough State Farm insurance agent this morning, my truck was underwritten as a commercial policy but I register it as an antique. She (the agent) does not think there's an age limit associated with State Farm Commercial Policies and suggested an agent in Orono to call, I'll PM that to you. Good luck.
I called the number you sent me. He told me that he will not insure (as commercial) a dual rear axle truck. :confused: Bummer. NEXT!

Last edited:

Katahdin

aua That makes no sense to me given the number of members here with State Farm insurance.

My only other suggestion is to just have your deuce trucked up here on a flat bed while you get the insurance thing worked out. Yeah it'll cost more $$$ but you'll have peace of mind and there's plenty of preventative maintenance and things to learn about your truck while the chips fall into place.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a Cougar... Put it in her name.2cents

Last edited:

zeisshensoldt

Progressive told me the same thing, no go...
Wow, believe it or not I tried calling progressive again and they let me get insurance through them. I guess me calling insurance companies until I got an inexperienced agent was a good idea. I win! $450 annually

Last edited:

Tlauden

I was 20 when I got mine. A Commercial Policy for Non-Commercial use is what I have, I took pictures of the truck with me. I had zero problems getting insurance $21 a month. On my insurance card the make is Jeep-Kraiser, Model is M35A2. It's considered a stake body truck in there computer system. Just a side note this is a regular policy, no restrictions on use/hauling anything. It was more of a pain in the a$$ to go antique/classic than regular.

and please DO NOT LIE!!!!!!! If you get hurt or hurt somebody and the insurance company finds out you lied about the vehicle, then your SOL.

Like I said, take some pictures and go into an office, talk with someone. Over the phone they may be blowing you off because they have no clue what u mean

Motorcar

Wow, believe it or not I tried calling progressive again and they let me get insurance through them. I guess me calling insurance companies until I got an inexperienced agent was a good idea. I win! $450 annually
Congrats, persistence has it's benefits :beer:

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although I went with State Farm for my A2 and A3, Progressive also agreed to insure my trucks, but since the rest of my insurance was with State Farm, I went with them.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Insurance availability is a function of three things, in my experience: location, insurer, and agent. In Az, State Farm would not insure the deuce, even though I had everything else under their coverage. Farm Bureau provided the same unlimited-use coverage as my civvy vehicles...comp, collision, uninsured motorist, etc., and saved me a couple of hundred a year. No issues about storage, mileage, use, etc.

Here in NO, so far, no one will touch it. NB that NO has just about the highest rates in the country, if not actually the highest. Unfortunately, no FB of Louisiana.

Bottom line: the availability and cost will be a function of where you live, perhaps your age, conceivably your credit rating, intended use, and your driving history. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks