• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Intake Manifold Bad Casting Or Rusted Out

WhoMe08721

Hey Guys,
Was removing the radiator and thermostat today and notice that my intake manifold is a little mess up inside. Was this a bad casting from the factory or is this rusted out. Should I be worried about this??? Attached are some picture.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

davidb56

If coolant isn't getting into the air side of the intake, I'd clean it up and JB weld it. Maybe someone who has a spare one can look in it and comment.

rustystud

The water manifold is aluminum so that is not rust. Just a bit of corrosion. If your really concerned you can take it off and sand-blast it. Then paint the inside with a good Aluminum primer and high gloss paint. There are several "freeze plugs" on this manifold. So this would be a good time to replace them all. I went with stainless steel ones. Also replace the hoses.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you decide to replace it, I have some take-offs available. I can't say when I'll be at the barn to be able to get pics, to see if mine are the same internally as yours.

WhoMe08721

Was Able To Look At (4) More Intake Manifold This Weekend and I Have Came To The Conclusion That the Sand Molds They Use For Casting Where Not That Good Back In The Day And That Mine Way OK. I Also Finally Found A New Radiator For Sale And Got It Installed This weekend.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that is caused by cavitation in the water system. I would use some JB weld or use some Alum. Devcon. Then use a good epoxy paint on the inside.

davidb56

theres a lot of copper there. I just purchased a small 50' roll of 10-3 romex......it was 85$. Radiators have to be sized to engine Liters, and physical size/fittings, so Big engines need more copper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks