• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 keeps dying on me

DavidH11

I cranked my truck up the other day to move it and left the power on for about 30 minutes by accident. Now when I crank it up it will run just fine until I rev it up. It revs up fine til I let off of the throttle. When I let off it dies. It will crank right back up but will die again. I can drive it down the road just fine but if I put it in nuetral to coast it will die then to. I did see some air bubbles in the lines coming out of the top of the injectors but dont know if that is the problem or how to fix it properly. Please Help!

Westech

CPL
Have you ever changed your fuel filters? I would also check the in tank pump and make sure it is working and not burned out. There is a little fuse under the connection for the pump on top of the fuel tank.

bryan70546

Hey David , I am sure you know me from your brother .I met him the other day at the state troops office .Glad to see you here Buddy .I am sure the folks on here will get you up and going . I would start with the fuel pump first also . then work from there. its probley some thing simple , Also would change the filters to. also nice truck looks just like mine .
Take care
Bryan

Last edited:

DavidH11

I appreciate all the help so far. The pump in the tank comes on when I turn the power on I can hear it and it runs so it must be working. I have not changed the fuel filters but none of these problems started until my power (to include my in tank pump) were left on for over 30 mins. It is also surging while idleling. I know that air is not supposed to be in the lines and I am looking for the answer to this question: How do you get the air out of the lines properly? Do you crack open an injector supply line or some other bolt or line? Or do you just give it hell until it stops acting up!!

bryan70546

David , the way we do it out here in the gulf is to crack one injector line at a time and have some one turn the motor over till there is a steady stream of fuel coming out .then move onto the next one. If you dont have this problem resolved in the next few days I will be in this thursday and will be more then happy to come give you a hand with it.Just shoot me a PM if you need some help.
Bryan

badgmc56

Be careful not to assume just because the pump runs, it is pumping. The pump on my M35A2 ran but did not pump at all. I did not have your problem but the pump needs tp produce in order to properly bleed the system. If somehow air got into the system, it will be a mother to bleed the system. Some guys on here run their trucks without the pump working but I don't agree with that. The pump is used to lift fuel to the system and keep it pressurized.

bryan70546

Be careful not to assume just because the pump runs, it is pumping. The pump on my M35A2 ran but did not pump at all. I did not have your problem but the pump needs tp produce in order to properly bleed the system. If somehow air got into the system, it will be a mother to bleed the system. Some guys on here run their trucks without the pump working but I don't agree with that. The pump is used to lift fuel to the system and keep it pressurized.
come to think of it , My brother in law told me that he could not hear my pump come on when I turned the power on .Maybe I need to look into this myself before I get left on the side of the road:cry:

littlebob

Try turning on the master switch and open the air bleeders on top of the secondary filters and if the pump is working it will pee like a thirteen yr old not dribble like an old man. I saw a post on the site a while back about someone taking two old pumps and making a good one, they had a pump with a bad pump head and another with burnt up motor. If unsure about the filters change all three, no telling whats in there.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks