• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 leaking radiator, calling the retrofitted radiator guys.

22/45

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been told to not even worry about getting a quote to rebuild one of these radiators, just not economically feasible, so I'm on the hunt for a solution. I've been working with a truck lately that I am looking to purchase but the radiator is leaking. I see NOS radiators around the $1,000 price range, but I also see guys using the 1955 Chevy truck radiators and fabbing up mounts and hoses. That may be the way I want to go.

My question to the guys who have done the retrofits, have you had any long term issues with the setup? Noticing any different coolant temps while working the truck?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been told to not even worry about getting a quote to rebuild one of these radiators, just not economically feasible,
Not sure about that. I had my radiators rebuilt twice. I guess it depends upon the shops around you. Ask. Get quotes. I think I paid around 700 bucks and that was half price from a replacement.
Your reality may vary.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Reactions: HDN

22/45

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure about that. I had my radiators rebuilt twice. I guess it depends upon the shops around you. Ask. Get quotes. I think I paid around 700 bucks and that was half price from a replacement.
Your reality may vary.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
I haven't found anyone who wants to look at it. I just get told it isn't worth doing and to buy a new one.

• Sad
Reactions: HDN

Redleg130

I had a shop in my region (B&D Radiator in McLouth, KS) do an M37 radiator for well under $1000. This was less expensive than a replacement and he did a beautiful job of it. Whatever Depot last touched it went nuts with solder and he cleaned all that up and recored it. I dont know if I am lucky to have a rare radiator artisan near(ish) to me, but you may keep hunting around.

M35 radiators are likely much more common than M37 radiators so depending on what you find, you may indeed be better off with a replacement.

Doing anything on green trucks takes some hunting, it took me forever to find a place even willing to deal with split ring tires. Agriculture maintenance shops seem to be good bets, at least to get you pointed in a direction. They tend to work with older equipment that share the same sorts of systems green trucks have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks