• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Leans to the Right Always

STrider3

I noticed ever since I got my deuce several months ago that there is a defined list to the right every time I look at it. I am wondering if there is a known condition with the deuce that causes this or is it normal for this truck to lean one way or the other. There is nothing underneath that appears to be bent or worn out and the springs look to be the same tension or shape on both sides. The dimension of the spring to frame on the front axle is about an inch less on the right but the rear is only about a 1/4 inch difference.

If I were a captain and my ship tilted this far to the right I would be the embarrassment of the fleet.

Does anybody have any idea where to start looking for the root cause of this or is it just the way some are?

Thanks.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine has a list to the left looking straight at the truck. It's about 1" difference when measuring from the street to the top of the fenders. My springs look the same so i am assuming it has something to do with the sheetmetal. Maybe years of abuse have a few things bent and tweaked here and there.

ratat98

Wow this thread Is hilarious! On a serious note, on my CJ-5 everything looked the same on it too, but one of the spring hangers was worn out and it caused a big difference. Look at everything real close!

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were the torque rods recently changed? When I replaced all my torque rods there was a most noticeable lean. Eventually it settled to what looks pretty regular.

combat32

I had the same problem on one of mine, spring had lost it's arch.I replaced mine with a takeoff from a truck gettin scrapped and no more lean.It's not that hard to do.

STrider3

No recent suspension work by me anyway. I have never had a fat chick sitting in the passenger seat but this truck does seem to attract them. Got enough troubles. I will try to take some pics now that I have an iphone but still not using it well enough to post pics. Give me a few days. I misplaced the data cord for my camera or else I would have posted them already. I am cleaning house today so I will keep looking for the cable. You will know when I find it. Thanks all. I have resorted to parking the truck in a spot on the driveway that goes downhill. I can get it to look even anyway.