• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 - Looking for items to mount the Winter Front

saddamsnightmare

:driver: February 16th, 2008.

SEEMS LIKE WHEN YOU OWN AN M35A2, YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGHT STUFF FOR IT!!

Well, seems like I got a good used winter front for my M35A2, in really good shape from one of our Steel Soldiers members down in New Jersey, but now I find I need some clips or tabs to hang the thing on my brush guard/grille guard, and I'm hoping someoneout in SS M35A2 land has a good used set they'd be willing to sell me. I'm also looking for a complete hoy water heater kit and ducting,NOS or USED, and the mast(s) and switches for a Convoy light mount (Ihave the Federal Electric odel revolving amber light NOS, and instructions how to put the headers/bows on for the canvas summer cab roof.

ON the lighter side of M35A2 ownership, Texas rainstorms ARE BIGGER, and the last one taught me to put the Folgers can over the exhaust stack when I shut her down. The next day when I got up to go to work (after the aforesaid rainstorm), I hit the starter switch, and now the right side of the hood, fenders, cab, running boards and tarpaulin have the loveliest specklng of diesel soot you could imagine. ITS ALL OVER THE TRUCK, kinda like leopard spots and very, very noticeable. OOPS - I won't make that mistake twice. It goes fairly well with 686A tan from Desert Storm. Maybe I'll make a new tail pipe for the stack, cut off flush, and put a flapper valve on it and solve the problem that way. :cookoo: :driver: fat lady sings

Enough said.

Thanks again for all the information in the M35 series, and for the many kindness the Steel Soldiers brain trust members have provided me with in the past and present.

I remain, Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan
1963 Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114 (Swiss)
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Deuce. :beer:

FrankUSMC

I am having a Marine who repairs flight equipment make me 5 OD canvas socks that will fit over the exhuast pipes on all my M35A2s. It also will have the red "remove before flight" streamer on it. I had one made a couple of years ago for my tractors.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

TomB

I did the same thing ... I spewed black speckles all over my wifes brand new white toyota highlander.
oops...

I like the weep hole idea.

I'm not "allowed" to park the M35 close to the house anymore.
-T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks