• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Low gear issue

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That bearing with the missing cage (your second picture) is a common 6310 NR (snap-ring style, 110x50x27mm).

You may get away with leaving the old roller bearings in place, but you better replace all 6 ball bearings on that input shaft, once you have it all apart.
(see my post #5, for the bearing numbers)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bearing in the photo is NG, balls missing
I don't think so, Frank... 8 balls is std for all these bearings, without a loading grove.

This is what comes in there, originally...
20210311_090935 B.jpg TC Input shaft and related parts 007.jpg

Of course, you could also install a so called max-load type bearing with 11 balls, instead. Only it would prob. cost 3-4 times as much.
For the matter, that would be the #BL310NR from NTN or NSK

Hi , Thanks a lot gringeltaube

I will change all of the ball bearings. But roller bearing are in good shape I think. There are some signs of heating on some rollers only without any scratches.

Hi , Thanks HDN

These trucks imported to Iran by Shah of Iran for military. Non of them are from Iraq. IFA W50 is the only truck that imported to Iran during Iran-Iraq war . But Iran only used M34 and gasser M35 in that war and M35a2s kept unused until sold at auctions. Only small amount of these trucks used in military parades.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I check bearing numbers and find some little different numbers.
I cant read big bearing's number so well.
Forget those numbers, most are obsolete nomenclature. Ball bearings are all metric, so take a caliper and just confirm the dimensions of each, shown below.....
(Or look them up in any bearing catalog)

1616525534258.png

Then go and buy your bearings with confidence, any known good brand.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....... I couldn't found Made in USA bearings and bought Japanese ones.
But good quality bearings
In my experience both, NSK and NTN make 1st class bearings, in Japan. (Koyo, I'm not so sure....)
And when it comes to tapered roller bearings, they are usually half the price of the US-made Timkens and do last the same... (And we do avoid the Chinese/Brazilian/etc. Timkens, even if they are cheaper...!)

In my experience both, NSK and NTN make 1st class bearings, in Japan. (Koyo, I'm not so sure....)
And when it comes to tapered roller bearings, they are usually half the price of the US-made Timkens and do last the same... (And we do avoid the Chinese/Brazilian/etc. Timkens, even if they are cheaper...!)
I bought NSK and Nachi bearings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks