• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 newbie info

tankie88

truck 013.jpgJust a quick one....my M35a2 doesn't have a data plate on the dash.In the british log book it says it's a M35a2c.After studying the TM's i have come to the conclusion that owing to the dropsides it is a a2c W/O winch 2320-00-926-0873.New data plate ordered.I can't read the frame number very well.It looks like 10**10232.I will have to wait until the paperwork arrives from the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle licencing Agency) to find out the full number.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
10**10232.
The two missing numbers should be "40" for a A2C dropside. If the first two numbers are in fact "10" it would be one of the last M35A2Cs made, more than likely a 1987, 1988 model. It should also have dual circuit brakes.

tankie88

Thanks for that info.The docs say it's a 57,probably a number someone made up due to lack of data plate.All i know is the info from the last owner who reckons it's ex USAF.He did say it got overhauled before leaving the military.Motor has 4616 hours and 9300 miles on the clock.i did find a date number on the gearbox 1984.He had it 2 years and used it twice.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look under the truck and see if there are two airpacks. If there are two it's almost certain it's a very late model truck. All of the late model trucks were USAF trucks also.

TehTDK

So how much did you have to fork up for it?. When I eventually will go looking for a Deuce and a half I hope to get one similar to yours. M35A2C hopefully with a winch in my case or I will have to fab up a hydraulic version.