• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 not starting nothing when I turn on accessories switch no buzzing no power to start button

Lemenhead

Trouble starting a M35A2 1971 batteries are charged but when I go to turn on accessories I get nothing no power. One time it buzzed for a second and then nothing so I charged the batteries and now nothing at all. Could I have blown a fuse? Any suggestions on what to check first?

ToddJK

Trouble starting a M35A2 1971 batteries are charged but when I go to turn on accessories I get nothing no power. One time it buzzed for a second and then nothing so I charged the batteries and now nothing at all. Could I have blown a fuse? Any suggestions on what to check first?
Sounds like total loss of power. Check the battery terminals? Any corrosion on the posi or neg battery cables? Are they nice and tight? Check the ground cable where it bolts to the frame, take it off and clean if necessary. How about the joint cable? Even with a bad battery, there should be a little juice going through. I'd start with the cables first.

There's no fuses on the deuce. Some may have fusible links, which melt when blown, but none that I know of would cause that to happen. Each battery should read around 12 volts and in sync, 24 volts. If you're getting 9 volts from the battery, it's either weak or has a dead cell in it. How are you charging up your batteries? If charging while paired, you'll need a 24v type charger. Take the joint cable off and charge each battery individually for 30-45 mins, or less depending on the type of charger and setting it's on. If you get some power but no start, check batteries with voltage meter, if it's not 12 v each, bad batteries. If you have 12v ea or 24v as a pair and still acts like no power, you have a bad connection somewhere or corroded battery cables.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenn

As ToddJK said... I would check all of your battery lines and each battery separately. Check both positive and negative leads as well as the ground. I had this problem with one of my older tractors -- a John Deere. When I finally got around to replacing all the pos and neg leads, it was like a new tractor. The copper wires were very, very corroded from the connector about 5 inches back into the plastic and didn't carry much juice. There are a bunch of TMs with battery-related items in them.

Big question: What kind of batteries are in there? How old are they?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks