• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA M35A2 officially insured

Bulletpaluza

Hagerty approved me to be insured with out my deuce being stored in a locked enclosed building. 600 bucks a year with unlimited mileage driven a year which I thought was funny because if this drives 500 I'll be shocked especially in my little town.

Just thought i would share.

Bulletpaluza

Good deal, congrats. Hagerty has treated me right so far.
Yeah tomorrow comes registration. I hope all goes smoothly there. The sheriff deputies today didn't know what to do for my Vin verification paper. They were awesome and figured it out and filled it all out. And I don't think they figured it out as much as they want to see this driving around town. Because thats what they told me haha.
So hopefully the tag office goes just as smooth.

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is good news to hear. I am with State Farm and in GA, and if they don't take me as an anitique vehicle (M1097R1) then I will likely give haggerty a call. I don't want a mileage per year limit as I will attempt to make this a daily driver. Still won't be a lot of mileage since I work from home. Paid for Montana title so hoping that doesn't take too long as I want on the road as soon as possible. Thought I read somewhere that Nathan Deal signed some legislation that was favorable to registering former military vehicles.

ToddJK

This is good news to hear. I am with State Farm and in GA, and if they don't take me as an anitique vehicle (M1097R1) then I will likely give haggerty a call. I don't want a mileage per year limit as I will attempt to make this a daily driver. Still won't be a lot of mileage since I work from home. Paid for Montana title so hoping that doesn't take too long as I want on the road as soon as possible. Thought I read somewhere that Nathan Deal signed some legislation that was favorable to registering former military vehicles.
I got Hagerty as well and they gave me a mileage limit of 2500 per year,but I also pay less than $450/year with fully coverage. The mistake they made was they never asked for the mileage on the truck, and I drove mine a little over 8k since I got it last June. If they don't ask, don't tell. I mean, technically most vehicles with historic or antique plates usually have some type of restrictions anyway, hence why they cost less to register and tag, but I see car shows everyday in parking lots and these trucks need maintenance runs 🤷

72m35a2

my 72 m35a2 is titled as a pick up truck to get title needed inspection from DOT , highway patrol and local inspection shop
liability and roadside assistance is 20$ even a month full coverage would be 35$ i have no limits on mileage or roads i can take BL 24k plate

Last edited:

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a Duce but I also had good luck with Hagerty for my M813, $250/year, 2500 miles per year, not a daily driver, no hauling or towing and stored in a tent, well most of it.
All registry was interested in was the body type, 3 sides and a tailgate means it's a pickup.
Found a local inspector that does antique military vehicles, now I'm just crossing all the I's and dotting all the T's before I bring it in.

DaneGer21

$180/year here in Ohio with Hagerty. Fully insured, no mileage limits. Plus one free tow within 100miles. Insured for 3x my purchase price and an extra $1500 in “parts”. I even have standard plates, not “Historical”. Which means I’m not even limited per the state on when I can drive it.

338ken

Just got my M35A3 and Hagerty is a no go for me. A covered carport is not good enough for them and a new enclosed garage would be more than I paid for the truck. And if it is parked at the deer lease or my brother’s ranch ungaraged its not covered.

338ken

$180/year here in Ohio with Hagerty. Fully insured, no mileage limits. Plus one free tow within 100miles. Insured for 3x my purchase price and an extra $1500 in “parts”. I even have standard plates, not “Historical”. Which means I’m not even limited per the state on when I can drive it.
Please double check you policy every Hagerty policy I have seen has a mileage limit on my Corvette was 5,000 miles a year I went with Grundy. On another post here someone said their limit was 2,500 miles but they forgot to ask him the beginning mileage. Someone will catch that someday

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A covered carport is not good enough for them and a new enclosed garage would be more than I paid for the truck. And if it is parked at the deer lease or my brother’s ranch ungaraged its not covered.
this is what i don't understand about certain insurance companies.. Those in the office do not understand that in the open countryside a vehicle is much safer and secure sitting out in the back pasture sight-unseen than it is in a building that can burn down or whatever .. They once asked me about security systems. I answered my trucks have model 30-06 anti-theft devices .. Silent confusion on the other end of the phone ;)

338ken

this is what i don't understand about certain insurance companies.. Those in the office do not understand that in the open countryside a vehicle is much safer and secure sitting out in the back pasture sight-unseen than it is in a building that can burn down or whatever .. They once asked me about security systems. I answered my trucks have model 30-06 anti-theft devices .. Silent confusion on the other end of the phone ;)
What bothers me is agents are telling folks what is not true in the policy and when they need it they will not be covered

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks