• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Oil pan replacement help

WildWiley

Hello all,
I am a recent veteran looking to buy a deuce and a half. I found one from a guy that lives close to me for about $2000. It is a M35a2 soft top. I went and looked at it and it seems to run fine. There are two problems that I am looking for help with. The oil pan was punctured by govliquidation before he bought it. \ They must have used forklifts to move them around and punctured it. He did a poor repair job and it still leaks a little. I was curious how hard these are to find or better yet where I could find one. The other problem is that the injector pump seem to be leaking a little somewhere. I am not sure where it is coming from but may be from one of the lines. Is this a good deal? Should I just stay away from this?
Thanks for the help:mrgreen:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$2,000 sounds like a good price unless it's a complete junker. I don't know right off hand where to get a oil pan but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Bill W

Oil pan was simple
I had to jack up the frame a few inches ( you can see jack/pipe under front bumper ) and pan came right out, now scraping off the old gasket from the block was a big P.I.A. Got my pan gasket from Memphis ( $24.00 delivered)

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,
I am a recent veteran looking to buy a deuce and a half. I found one from a guy that lives close to me for about $2000. It is a M35a2 soft top. I went and looked at it and it seems to run fine. There are two problems that I am looking for help with. The oil pan was punctured by govliquidation before he bought it. \ They must have used forklifts to move them around and punctured it. He did a poor repair job and it still leaks a little. I was curious how hard these are to find or better yet where I could find one. The other problem is that the injector pump seem to be leaking a little somewhere. I am not sure where it is coming from but may be from one of the lines. Is this a good deal? Should I just stay away from this?
Thanks for the help:mrgreen:
Do you have any pictures of this deuce? If my memory serves me right one deuce from Forest Park about a month ago stands out with this issue. Just trying to give you all the info possible is all.