• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Operator's Manual

wiggall

I have a 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2W/W. I have the Operator's Manual TM 9-2320-361-10 the tag in the truck says I should have TM 9-2320-209-10 manual my question is what is the difference between the 361, and 209 manual?

The -361 is the most updated version of the manual. It covers the same parts of the truck only with (hopefully) all the necessary corrections to descriptions and procedures that may have had errors in the previous edition. For the higher level manuals, the -209 series may be all that you'll find. They just never changed the data plates.

wiggall

The -361 is the most updated version of the manual. It covers the same parts of the truck only with (hopefully) all the necessary corrections to descriptions and procedures that may have had errors in the previous edition. For the higher level manuals, the -209 series may be all that you'll find. They just never changed the data plates.
Thanks for the info. So I need to look for 361 series books!:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian and Scott pretty much covered it but I'd like to add my 2cents2cents. The 209 series is the one that pre-dates the 361 series and was kind of a test baby. It was broken down into a bunch of volumes which makes searching it a pain. The 361 series has only 5 volumes which makes it a much better set of "entry" manuals. There is some good info in the 209 series so by all means download it but stay with the 361 stuff unless you can't find the answer or need a different explanation. There is also a set of 209 manuals from 1965 that only has 5 volumes. These are in the TM section and offer even more info but they were scanned in and are very large downloads.

Jinx

Excuse the OT post, but does anyone know which manual covers the cab heater?

The heater unit under the hood seems to be missing some screws. The screw holes are located around the top on both sides of the heater unit. When I turn the heater fan on, air blows out of the screw holes instead of in the cab.

Plus I want to read up about the petcock on the top of that heater box. I assume I need to turn it counter clockwise to get radiator fluid into the heater core.

wiggall

My wife was not TOO HAPPY WITH ME LAST NIGHT:cry: I downloaded theTm 9-2320-361-20 Manual, ane it TOOK 3 HOURS TO DOWNLOAD:cry:

LEW6X6

The petcock on the top of the heater is to bleed the air from the system. The information will be in the manual that ends w/20 in the TM number. 10= operators, 20= unit level repair
30= support level repair 40= Depot level if the number ends w/ P then it's a parts manual
LO is the lube order Also the heater falls under special kits

JCKnife

Do y'all just sit and read these manuals at the computer? Too many pages to print out...or is it? I guess I could go buy a cheap ream of paper and a 3-ring binder...

What about a Kindle or similar device? Do they read PDF files well?

wiggall

I just watched tv, and check on the progress now and then:cry: But the WIFE WANTED TO PLAY HER COMPUTER GAMES. Next time I download a TM it will be DARK THIRTY WHEN SHE IS IN BED ASLEEP:!:

gunboy1656

I bought the printed manuals years ago, before you could find the pdf files. But those usually stay on the shelf. I then hit the computer, print out what I need. and slowly building a copy off pdf files, those will be the yard copy.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks