• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 paint job

harry

scraped wirewheel and sanded ever thing ,feathered and smothed old paint ,dint try and remove good old paint wipe down with solvent , primed bare metal heavy, and paint primed lightly ,mix paint well and realy mix primer well
use mask good one ,cover all your skin you can, and eyes ,you dont want green.it dont wash off .
I used a spray gun top feed (can on top, HVLP ) think was the primer spray gun (larger spray tip ) came in set you need to put paint on primer within 4 hours (or sooner)
use reduser so you spray it on just wet . but be carefuf it will run , a rag with reducer and quick re spray will fix runs.have extra cans to put unused paint in . clean gun good I rinsed after priming and sprayed paint then cleaned gun good (MEK)
it is perrty forgiving , I sprayed black latter 60+days you could spray same day
hope this helps Harry

Bighurt

hope u dont mind me posting this Harry.

(r click image and click open link)
Thanks, I posted the message without refreshing my browser, turns out page 2 and three were un-read at the time of posting...opps.

CARC is outrageously expensive at my Sherwin Williams, so a new paint job for me will have to wait.

RAYZER

the carc type one is $75.00 per gal. at the sw store in tampa fl.they can ship it to a sw store in your area, the green. brown and black from the data sheet should match the orig. paint.

srodocker

what type of primer should i pick up from a auto store? and being as i have no paint exp. whats reducer? as im going to be pumping out a paint job in a cpl days. how long did it take to paint yours just the green?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks