• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 parts running out!!!!!!!!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Concur.

To get a decent truck at GL prices, not long.
To get a parts truck or buy parts on the private market, quite awhile.

We are still able to get M38, M715, and even willys stuff. So although the sky is starting to fall on GL trucks, it is still ok in other areas.

scooter01922

not to mention the 8 gazillion deuces produced, some will be parted all the time for the next foreseeable future if all else fails. But as already mentioned newstar makes just about anything you may need.

Michael

Any thought on the military's parts inventory showing up on GL? I would think there would be warehouses full of parts for the trucks, but there really doesn't seem to be that much showing up. We have had the power steering kits and the arctic heater kits but I haven't noticed much anything else or am I just not looking hard enough?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a feeling that deuce parts will be coming out of GL for many, many years. The military was still getting rid of WWII era parts in the 1980s, that had been stored away for decades after the vehicles were retired.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
who and where is newstar
I think they are in China or somewhere overseas.

As far as parts running out, The deuce is going to be like the Jeep. When surplus starts running out aftermarket suppliers will step in to fill the void. Prices are sure to go up though.

I have no idea how many parts the military still has on hand. With all the trucks comming out into civilain hands they're going to need alot of parts.

wsucougarx

No worries are parts running out. There are several 1,000 trucks out there. With the age of our truck the demand for parts are high so if there is a need someone will make them. Newstar makes new parts for our trucks. I certainly wouldn't worry about the availability of common parts.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many countries run the M35 as their standard truck, and need parts just like the USA. Look at the half-track, Israeli used them up till recently, and it's a WW2 truck.

Michael

Military surplus parts should be higher quality and lower priced than new made in china parts. I wonder if our government is going to give all of the parts to the countries they are giving some of the trucks to.

bottleworks

I think they are in China or somewhere overseas.

I don't know where you got China from. Here's a quote from their web site: "...state-of-the-art factories throughout North America and Europe for the manufacture of NewStar Components."

Many of the surplus dealers you and I buy from sell new star parts. They are well made. They have been making parts for the heavy truck industry for quite some time.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know where you got China from. Here's a quote from their web site: "...state-of-the-art factories throughout North America and Europe for the manufacture of NewStar Components."

Many of the surplus dealers you and I buy from sell new star parts. They are well made. They have been making parts for the heavy truck industry for quite some time.
I read it on here some time ago. I did a google search for "New Star" and came up empty handed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks