• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Parts

colelkhunter

there is one that I know of in Augusta, Ga. I have been there a couple times but the names escapes me. It is near the south gate of Ft. Gordon I believe. Lots of military scrap and running vehicles too. I will see if I can find the name and address for you.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd be interested as well. Provided they don't think their parts are gold plated...

There's CSI out in Tallapoosa near me. A little costly when it comes to large parts. But they've been cheaper on every little gasket I've bought so far than anyone online.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SECO in Augusta, CSI in Tallapoosa, Shirleys Surplus in Barnesville, and (close) Hawthorne Tractor in Lake City, FL.[thumbzup]

armyvet67

Thanks everyone. I will try to visit these places as soon as i can. I managed to break my right leg working on my Deuce removing a tire from the truck and it is slow to heal.

Happy New Year to all.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing I have done at SECO is to talk to Roy, and trade for what I needed. It has worked out well but you have to have what they NEED, that's the hard part.

Z71

The thing I have done at SECO is to talk to Roy, and trade for what I needed. It has worked out well but you have to have what they NEED, that's the hard part.
I used to buy M35 parts from the CMS company which was located in Augusta, GA, off of Mike Padgett's Highway. They used to rebuild M35 trucks for the US government and they had very part in stock and a yard full of used parts. They went out of business about 5 years ago. There was an outfit next to them which also sold used military trucks, and when CMS went out of business, they bought most of CMS inventory. I visited that place about a year ago. Is this the SECO you are talking about? I do not remember the name but I did not like their prices. CMS was much more reasonable, especially because I was friendly with their parts manager.

Anybody knows if CMS started up in another location under a different name?

Chief_919

I used to buy M35 parts from the CMS company which was located in Augusta, GA, off of Mike Padgett's Highway. They used to rebuild M35 trucks for the US government and they had very part in stock and a yard full of used parts. They went out of business about 5 years ago. There was an outfit next to them which also sold used military trucks, and when CMS went out of business, they bought most of CMS inventory. I visited that place about a year ago. Is this the SECO you are talking about? I do not remember the name but I did not like their prices. CMS was much more reasonable, especially because I was friendly with their parts manager.

Anybody knows if CMS started up in another location under a different name?
That is SECO.

Talk to Roy or Byron when you go or call, and as said they are more than willing to do some horsetrading if they have what you need.

Their prices are sell to fleet or sell to allied countries or sell to US military prices, not hobbyist prices. But if you need a part and you need it now, they will have it, and that is the big advantage to using them.

When I was in Afghanistan we purchased a LOT of stuff from SECO that the military couldn't provide us in a timely fashion through the supply system. When we needed a set of springs for a 5000 gallon water tanker, they didn't have one, but they ahd a whole trailer. They took the springs off the trailer, took them to a spring shop, and had them made for us.

You pay more for someone that will have damm near everything in stock or will get it for you if you need it, because it costs a lot more to run that kind of operation than it does to run a surplus parts house that has whatever they get in stock, and if they don't have it tough luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks