• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Preview, Fort Knox or Frankfort KY anyone going?

TulsaME

Hey guys,

Is anyone going to preview the M35A2s at Fort Knox or Frankfort? I have been sent on a business trip to look at a Helo at F.E. Warren so I don't have time to check them out anymore. If anyone is going I would appreciate some info on the trucks. I am looking for a running hardtop if possible. Please PM me. Off to the airport I go. Thanks for any help!

Dave

nhdiesel

I have a friend in the area who was going to do a preview for me, but he wasn't able to reach anyone all last week. Now its too close for him to get a day off to take a look for me. He's a vet, and wants a Deuce of his own in a bad way. His reward for the preview and recovery was that he could drive the Deuce as much as he wanted until I was able to pick it up. He was good with that.

Jim

nosliw

i didn't realize there was anything up for auction in Frankfort until yesterday. I hope to be able to preview on Wednesday, but I've never participated in a GL auction before, so I'm not sure how far in advnace you need to book an "appointment".

TulsaME

Nosliw, From what I saw on GL it seems there were trucks at Fort Knox that are now listed in Frankfort. Pictures of the trucks just started appearing yesterday. As far as preview appts: I have only been able to get in touch with GL the day before or the day preview starts. They don't make it easy to get a day off work. PM if you find get any good info. Thanks.

nosliw

I'm going to preview them tomorrow. :-D I made a comprehensive list of each one late last night and what options it had. I dunno why I have the dying need for another deuce. I rarely drive the one I own!

djimmy31

hey nosliw, what time are you going tomorrow? I'm heading to fort knox around 12:30 tomorrow. I'm not sure what's up though as it looks like alot of the trucks are at Frankfort now.

nosliw

i'll be in frankfort at 1:00 at the lot. there are just a few trucks in louisville if i recall correctly, one of which a nice looking M35A3. all the others look to be singles with street tires.

if you happen to be there, just look for the guy who looks the most confused and you'll find me. i'll be driving a scratch and dent dodge with a cattle brand on the tailgate. :wink:

deuce259

They look all running to me. I cant make it there but would love to find the bumper unit ID of 2-123 Armor. I was in that unit for 10 years. Woulod love to know if you spot it.

nosliw

i just got back from frankfort. i got to start a few of the trucks, but was told "starting them gave me an advantage over everyone else"

gee. no kidding. did they really think i drove up there and took the time off work to just kick the tires?

TulsaME

Well I came up a bit short on my bidding. So the hunt goes on...

Nosliw: Thank you very much for the PMs. They were helpful.

Jhuey: Congratulations on the Duece. I hope it is a runner. I was looking for a hardtop so I did not get any info on that truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks