• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 project

jasonjc

Well I started out to put a transmission back in my truck...............................

As I was working on that I noticed that I had some rust spots on the front fenders. So with it in the shop it seemed to be a good time to take them off to fix that.

Now that the fenders were off it made it a lot easier to get to the axle. So a good time for new boots and seals.

Looking at the axle closer I see a lot of rust / flaking paint good time to touch that up.

Well if I repaint the axle it going to make the frame look bad.:rolleyes:

So now I'm just going to take the whole thing aparto_Oo_O

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would hate to see what happens when you do an oil change.
"Now that all the oil is out, we can drop the pan and have a quick peek at the bottom end. With the pan off, that is the right time to pop the heads and check rings and pistons....."

No, seriously, project creep is not always bad. Sometimes it is great for powering through a project that would have felt overwhelming, had you planned it out beforehand.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

jasonjc

I would hate to see what happens when you do an oil change.
"Now that all the oil is out, we can drop the pan and have a quick peek at the bottom end. With the pan off, that is the right time to pop the heads and check rings and pistons....."

No, seriously, project creep is not always bad. Sometimes it is great for powering through a project that would have felt overwhelming, had you planned it out beforehand.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
You know I'm doing oil change too.... Now that you say that 😎... Too late I all ready put the new oil in.

jasonjc

I like your paint booth setup. I've considered getting a tent shelter to do rim work and painting throughout the next few weeks since my shop is TINY!
The tarps were easier to hang up than plastic to keep the over spray down. I put screw hooks in the rafters and hung them up , they were just the right length. When I'm done I can take them down and fold them up for next time. I was thinking the silver would help make it brighter in the shop too.

Reactions: HDN

rickdavis81

I’ve built booths out of pvc pipe and taped plastic. Use a box fan for an exhaust fan and house furnace filters for an intake. Works great for keeping over spray down, bugs out etc. Wouldn’t go thru it for the big truck parts but for my bikes and other vehicles I do.

tobyS

While you are at it, replace the well worn front springs with a fresh m105 set. The 105s hardly have any use on most of them and are a direct replacement. M y A3 will get them when it's place on the list is closer to the top.

HDN

Amazing what lighting does for colors. Years ago my dad bought a CJ-5 at night that looked candy apple red in a garage. Next morning in the sunlight it turned out it was actually orange!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks